Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-30-2008, 07:41 AM   #1
edipretoro
edipretoro began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Gen3
eBook with too many page

Hello,

I've created a little plugin to be able to create a Mobibook with Plagger (RSS aggregator). Basically, I create a HTML file with all the posts from some RSS feeds. This HTML file is converted into a mobibook with html2mobi. But when I read this ebook on my Gen3, the ebook have more than 1000 page (for ~100 posts). And only the first 87 pages are text. The rest is empty.

I've checked the HTML file on the Gen3, and the number of page is normal (87).

So I've used the mobi2html tool, with the option --mobihtml, and I can see that the HTML file produced contains a lot of <mbpagebreak>. In my template, I don't use <mbpagebreak> but <mbpagebreak />. Can you tell me why my <mbpagebreak /> are transformed to <mbpagebreak></mbpagebreak> ?

Thanks in advance

Emmanuel
edipretoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 07:34 PM   #2
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by edipretoro View Post
Hello,
So I've used the mobi2html tool, with the option --mobihtml, and I can see that the HTML file produced contains a lot of <mbpagebreak>. In my template, I don't use <mbpagebreak> but <mbpagebreak />. Can you tell me why my <mbpagebreak /> are transformed to <mbpagebreak></mbpagebreak> ?
I might mis-remember but isn't the two forms equivalent? The reason you see it is because the HTML is read in and parsed and then written. And the information about the short form is probably not saved. Maybe this is a configuration issue for the libraries that are used.

Do mobigen produce a working file?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 05:07 AM   #3
edipretoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
I might mis-remember but isn't the two forms equivalent? The reason you see it is because the HTML is read in and parsed and then written. And the information about the short form is probably not saved. Maybe this is a configuration issue for the libraries that are used.
I'm just discovering all the Mobibook format stuff as my Gen3 is a recent buy.

Quote:
Do mobigen produce a working file?
I'm working on Linux, so I have to find a Windows computer. I'll try mobigen tonight.

Thanks

Emmanuel
Old 10-31-2008, 05:28 AM   #4
edipretoro

Quote:
Oh, and indeed, the two forms are equivalent. But my problem is that my <mbp: pagebreak /> are replaced by <mbp: pagebreak> and at the end of the document, I have a lot of </mbp: pagebreak> and some <mbp: pagebreak></mbp: pagebreak>. So I think this is why my ebook have so many pages. You learned my that the HTML is parsed and saved, so I'll check how mobiperl handle that.

Thanks

Emmanuel
Old 10-31-2008, 07:16 AM   #5
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
I use <mbp:pagebreak/> too, and I guess they are converted to <mbp:pagebreak> as well, but my books have the normal amount of pages and no empty pages at the end. I also use html2mobi under linux.
Jellby is online now   Reply With Quote