Notices

Old 05-12-2013, 01:26 PM   #1
Vauh
Zealot
Vauh began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 3
Help - No books in Calibre main storage

I have a strange problem with Calibre.

The reader is recognised, everything seams OK.
If I click on the button "Books on Device" in the main storage, there is no book.

If I add a book from the Library to the device, it is shown in the main storage from my device, and also the green hook in Calibre which indicates that the book is on the device.

If I close Calibre and open it again, there is no sign, that the book is on the device. And also the green hook is away in Calibre.
The main storage is blank,but the book is on the device, and I can read them.

What this is and how I can change this. This has struck me before about 5 updates, however, I had no time to write this here.

Thanks for your help.

Vauh

Last edited by Vauh; 05-12-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Vauh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:55 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
@ Vauh
It sounds like the automatic metadata management setting got turned off for the device (storage).

Wit the device connected AND the Jobs wheel has stopped.
Right click on the Device Icon: Configure Device: There should be a Tick next to Get Metadata from Files on device
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
Vauh
Zealot

The settings were on manual metadata management, I changed to automatic.
It does not work.

When I click on device with a right click, I see that the field "read metadata from device" is marked.
There is not other mark, except for different books, epub, pdf etc.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

Vauh
Old 05-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vauh View Post
The settings were on manual metadata management, I changed to automatic.
It does not work.

When I click on device with a right click, I see that the field "read metadata from device" is marked.
There is not other mark, except for different books, epub, pdf etc.

Any other suggestion?

Thanks.

Vauh
Did you allow the Job wheel to stop before disconnecting the device? Always use the 'Eject Device' feature, it will not indicate 'Safe removal' until the device metadata update is complete (there is a file on the device: metadata.calibre which is used to speed up the placement of those ticks. If you delete it, it can take quite some time to scan and rebuild, depending on the number of books on the device)
Old 05-14-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
Vauh
Zealot

I really don't know, if I always used "eject device". The job wheel was always stopped.
The only extra file I have is "metadata.db".
Do you think, I should delete this file? I tried it and Calibre was totally empty. Then I moved the file back to the Calibre Library Folder and the books were back in Calibre, but the problem has remained.

Vauh
Old 05-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #6
seacity1
Zealot
seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.seacity1 invented the internet.

Device: Samsung Galaxy 10.1 2014 Edition,Nook HD+, Nook Color, Nook ST & Ipad3
Never delete metada.db! It is the indexing "brain" for Calibre.
seacity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 08:25 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vauh View Post
I really don't know, if I always used "eject device". The job wheel was always stopped.
The only extra file I have is "metadata.db".
Do you think, I should delete this file? I tried it and Calibre was totally empty. Then I moved the file back to the Calibre Library Folder and the books were back in Calibre, but the problem has remained.

Vauh
REPEAT
Do NOT Delete metadata.db (or any other file inside the Library without precise instructions from the master or code contributers).

ON THE DEVICE
Delete Metadata.CALIBRE <=== note the extension