Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 04:07 PM   #1
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Need help with recipe for AO3 Fanfiction archive

I figured out how to setup up the basic recipe for a feed from the archive but I'm running into a problem now with the Content Warning.

Basically if an author has marked a story as Adult and you are not logged into the site it takes you to a screen with a content warning and you click the proceed button acknowledging that you're an adult.

Right now my recipe for the feed goes to that content warning page and no further. Is there a way to add an adult_is_true function to the recipe so that it will proceed past the content warning?

Thanks.
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Implement the get_obfuscated_article() in your recipe.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #3
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the answer, Kovid, unfortunately I apparently have no clue how to go about implementing that. I know I need to be in Advanced mode and I've tried reading the documentation here: http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/_mod...scated_article

I thought I'd figured it out but every time I save the recipe and then reopen it the new coding is gone. As far as I can tell I need to put in something like the following:

def articles_are_obfuscated = True
def get_obfuscated_articles(url)

but I have to be doing something wrong as no matter how many times I tell it to save or update the recipe it never actually saves the changes. Please help.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You have to also implement the get_obfuscated() function, which requires being able to program. There's is no canned set of steps to achieve that, as the code required depends on the details of the site you are working on.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist

Ah. Yeah, I'm out of luck then. Programming has never been my strong suit. Thanks for trying to help though.