Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 12:55 AM   #226
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle 3
Hiya - so I just installed tightVNC on my laptop, and have paid $5 donation through paypal - how do I get the official version? I think I should be emailing you, but can't find an address on your website...?
Tanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 02:47 AM   #227
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanga View Post
Hiya - so I just installed tightVNC on my laptop, and have paid $5 donation through paypal - how do I get the official version? I think I should be emailing you, but can't find an address on your website...?
Who did you donate to? Who is this post addressed to? What is the context? What website? This website? Who's email address are you looking for? What "official version" of what program? If you mean TightVNC, you can get that here:
http://www.tightvnc.com/

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-16-2012 at 02:49 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:49 AM   #228
Tanga
Zealot
Tanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toysTanga shares his or her toys

http://www.wifi001.com/wifi/index.en.jsp

That's this one, yeah?
Old 11-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #229
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Oh dear, now I'm laughing. Well, this thread is about another variant of VNC viewer. I consider this my personal "official version". Otherwise I think you a) should more carefully look at the page you linked, and b) should - before emailing - read the setup guide on that page carefully as it contains hints on what you're expected to do to get the full version.

However, the linked guide leaves me puzzled. Why is it asking for the Kindle's serial number? I would _not_ suggest to disclose this to a third party!

Shameless plug: I think there were people who tried out that VNC client and stated that it was much slower that kindlevncviewer (which this thread is about). You might want to read the first post in this thread and just download a full version. For free, BTW.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #230
Tanga
Zealot

Thanks

Oh, oops, well thanks for that. I received the full version. My Kindle is stuffed atm, but when I get it working again I'll compare the two.

What I like about the other Kindle VNC is I don't need a computer to change the IP address and password - I can enter them @ program startup. Pretty important if you're moving around (My plan is to use my Kindle with my Raspberry Pi, but it's not permanently plugged into the same router, so having to use someone else's computer (or have 2 computers) is a PITA). Any plans to implement the ability to change the IP address from within your VNC viewer?
Old 11-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #231
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Oh, oops, well thanks for that. I received the full version. My Kindle is stuffed atm, but when I get it working again I'll compare the two.

What I like about the other Kindle VNC is I don't need a computer to change the IP address and password - I can enter them @ program startup. Pretty important if you're moving around (My plan is to use my Kindle with my Raspberry Pi, but it's not permanently plugged into the same router, so having to use someone else's computer (or have 2 computers) is a PITA). Any plans to implement the ability to change the IP address from within your VNC viewer?
download the file. read the readme's and ini's.

one can simply setup launchpad to do a plethora of options. if you mean switch the source "on the fly" that could be another Fettle of Kish entirely.

HTH

an example launchpad file for it...
Quote:
[Actions]
;; start kindlevncviewer, connect to 192.168.99.99:1
V U = !/mnt/us/kindlevncviewer/kvncviewer.sh 192.168.99.99:1 &
;; start kindlevncviewer, connect to somehostviawifi:1
V W = !/mnt/us/kindlevncviewer/kvncviewer.sh somehostviawifi:1 &
;; example with a password and screen 0:
;V W = !/mnt/us/kindlevncviewer/kvncviewer.sh -password fettleKish namedDevice:0 &
;; stop kindlevncviewer
V Q = !killall kindlevncviewer

Last edited by twobob; 11-18-2012 at 08:18 PM.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #232
Tanga
Zealot

Yep, that's what I mean twobob. It'd be kind of tricky to have all the possible IP addresses available in launchpad, even if I only stuck to the common 192.168.1.?? and 192.168.2.?? numbers.

Last edited by Tanga; 11-18-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #233
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Yep, that's what I mean twobob. It'd be kind of tricky to have all the possible IP addresses available in launchpad, even if I only stuck to the common 192.168.1.?? and 192.168.2.?? numbers.
right... I do a fair bit of messing around and I use (about) 5 servers - tops.

didn't realise you were after something a bit more industrial.

Seems like a very simple interogative dialog then would be the way forward and pump the results directly to the kvn.sh thingy.

smells like a kindlet (or something) to me mate. (can kindlets calls shell scripts? hmm not sure, possibly not)

either way. popup menu. enter ip thingy. pass to script. seems a robust enough solution
(I get a strong suspicion you are about to ask exactly how)

*goes off to have a mooch around*

Last edited by twobob; 11-18-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:51 AM   #234
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I think something like KindlePDFviewer's GUI layer could be stuffed into Kindle VNC viewer. Maybe when I have some spare time at hand... Of course it can easily (depending on experience) be done right now - just use a terminal application like myts for launching Kindle VNC viewer.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #235
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
right... I do a fair bit of messing around and I use (about) 5 servers - tops.
didn't realise you were after something a bit more industrial.
Seems like a very simple interogative dialog then would be the way forward and pump the results directly to the kvn.sh thingy.
smells like a kindlet (or something) to me mate. (can kindlets calls shell scripts? hmm not sure, possibly not)
either way. popup menu. enter ip thingy. pass to script. seems a robust enough solution
(I get a strong suspicion you are about to ask exactly how)
*goes off to have a mooch around*
K3MusicManager Could run mplayer but it required you to edit a file on the root fs.
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:52 PM   #236
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Handling Mouse Pointer in Kindle VNC Viewer

I -- naively -- wanted to add mouse support to my previous keyboard layout (matching myts). In the following configuration file, I have highlighted in green my attempts.

But I could not find in the LibVNC API how one can request the current mouse position (hence my pseudo code highlighted in red).

Does anyone know if and how that can be done?

config.lua:
Code:
require "keys"
require "rfbkeys"

-- comment out the following line on a KDX
set_k3_keycodes()

-- variables client_width and client_height will be available when handleInput() is called
client_width = 0
client_height = 0

--[[
   you have also the following API functions:

Quit( [status] )
      will quit the application. optional: return code (must be positive)

SendKeyEvent( keyCode, pressed )
      sends a key event to the rfb server. "pressed" is a bool value
      telling whether the key was pressed (true) or released (false)

SendPointerEvent( x, y, ButtonMask )
      sends a pointer event to the rfb server
]]--

-- globals for remembering key state
shift = false
sym = false
alt = false
menu = false
back = false

-- globals to handle mouse
-- bits 0-7 are buttons 1-8, 0=up, 1=down  ex: ButtonMask=(Button4Mask | Button5Mask)
ButtonMask = 0
Button1Mask = 1
Button2Mask = 2
Button3Mask = 4
Button4Mask = 8
Button5Mask = 16
Button6Mask = 32
Button7Mask = 64
Button8Mask = 128
-- mouse coordinates
x = 0
y = 0

--[[ Matching Matan's myts v7 keyboard
           Alt     1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   0

Key     q   w   e   r   t   y   u   i   o   p                 
                   a   s   d   f   g   h   j   k   l   <-               
                   z   x   c   v   b   n   m   .                       

Shift   Q   W   E   R   T   Y   U   I   O   P                 
                   A   S   D   F   G   H   J   K   L   Del                
                   Z   X   C   V   B   N   M   .     

Menu    F1  F2  F3  F4  F5  F6  F7  F8  F9  F10               
                   `   %   ^   <   >   [   ]   =   F11 F12               
                   =>  ;   ,   (   )   {   }   ,                       

Back    !   @   #   $   %   ^   &   *   (   )                 
                   *   +   #   -   _   (   )   &   !   ?                 
                   ~   $   |   /   \   "   '   :                       

Sym     _   _   _   _   _   _   _   _   _   _                  
                   _   _   _   _   _   _   _   _   _   _
                   _   _   _   _   _   _   _   _

Special     Help 		Menu+Left<                   
                       Exit		Left<                        
                       Esc		Left>                        
                       Ctrl		aA                           
                       Enter		<-|                         
                       Home		Home                         
                       End 		Shift+Home                   
                       ScrollUp		Right<                       
                       ScrollDown	Right>                       
                       Up		Fw_Up                        
                       Down		Fw_Down                      
                       Left		Fw_Left                      
                       Right		Fw_Right                     
                       PgUp		Shift+Fw_Up                  
                       PgDown		Shift+Fw_Down

Mouse       North		Alt+Fw_Up                        
		       South		Alt+Fw_Down                      
		       West		Alt+Fw_Left                      
		       East		Alt+Fw_Right                      
		       LeftClick	Home+Fw_Press                     
		       RightClick	Back+Fw_Press                     
		       MiddleClick	Menu+Fw_Press

]]--

-- this handler will be called upon key presses (input events, actually)
function handleInput(channel, itype, code, value)
	print("input:", channel, itype, code, value)
	if itype == EV_KEY then
		ButtonMask = 0
		-- x = Get_Current_Mouse_Position_x
		-- y = Get_Current_Mouse_Position_y
		local pressed = false
		if value == EVENT_VALUE_KEY_PRESS then
			pressed = true
		elseif value == EVENT_VALUE_KEY_RELEASE then
			pressed = false
		else
			return -- we don't know how to handle this.
		end

-- will toggle state 
		if code == KEY_SYM then sym = pressed
		elseif code == KEY_SHIFT	then shift = pressed
		elseif code == KEY_ALT		then alt = pressed
		elseif code == KEY_MENU		then menu = pressed
		elseif code == KEY_BACK		then back = pressed

-- alternate number keys on K3
		elseif alt and code == KEY_Q then SendKeyEvent(XK_1, pressed)
		elseif alt and code == KEY_W then SendKeyEvent(XK_2, pressed)
		elseif alt and code == KEY_E then SendKeyEvent(XK_3, pressed)
		elseif alt and code == KEY_R then SendKeyEvent(XK_4, pressed)
		elseif alt and code == KEY_T then SendKeyEvent(XK_5, pressed)
		elseif alt and code == KEY_Y then SendKeyEvent(XK_6, pressed)
		elseif alt and code == KEY_U then SendKeyEvent(XK_7, pressed)
		elseif alt and code == KEY_I then SendKeyEvent(XK_8, pressed)
		elseif alt and code == KEY_O then SendKeyEvent(XK_9, pressed)
		elseif alt and code == KEY_P then SendKeyEvent(XK_0, pressed)

-- number keys, not present on K3
		elseif code == KEY_1 then SendKeyEvent(XK_1, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_2 then SendKeyEvent(XK_2, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_3 then SendKeyEvent(XK_3, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_4 then SendKeyEvent(XK_4, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_5 then SendKeyEvent(XK_5, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_6 then SendKeyEvent(XK_6, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_7 then SendKeyEvent(XK_7, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_8 then SendKeyEvent(XK_8, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_9 then SendKeyEvent(XK_9, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_0 then SendKeyEvent(XK_0, pressed)

-- upper case letter keys
		elseif shift and code == KEY_Q then SendKeyEvent(XK_Q, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_W then SendKeyEvent(XK_W, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_E then SendKeyEvent(XK_E, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_R then SendKeyEvent(XK_R, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_T then SendKeyEvent(XK_T, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_Y then SendKeyEvent(XK_Y, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_U then SendKeyEvent(XK_U, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_I then SendKeyEvent(XK_I, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_O then SendKeyEvent(XK_O, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_P then SendKeyEvent(XK_P, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_A then SendKeyEvent(XK_A, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_S then SendKeyEvent(XK_S, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_D then SendKeyEvent(XK_D, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_F then SendKeyEvent(XK_F, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_G then SendKeyEvent(XK_G, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_H then SendKeyEvent(XK_H, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_J then SendKeyEvent(XK_J, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_K then SendKeyEvent(XK_K, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_L then SendKeyEvent(XK_L, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_Z then SendKeyEvent(XK_Z, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_X then SendKeyEvent(XK_X, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_C then SendKeyEvent(XK_C, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_V then SendKeyEvent(XK_V, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_B then SendKeyEvent(XK_B, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_N then SendKeyEvent(XK_N, pressed)
		elseif shift and code == KEY_M then SendKeyEvent(XK_M, pressed)

-- menu + keys
		elseif menu and code == KEY_Q then SendKeyEvent(XK_F1, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_W then SendKeyEvent(XK_F2, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_E then SendKeyEvent(XK_F3, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_R then SendKeyEvent(XK_F4, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_T then SendKeyEvent(XK_F5, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_Y then SendKeyEvent(XK_F6, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_U then SendKeyEvent(XK_F7, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_I then SendKeyEvent(XK_F8, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_O then SendKeyEvent(XK_F9, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_P then SendKeyEvent(XK_F10, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_A then SendKeyEvent(XK_grave, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_S then SendKeyEvent(XK_percent, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_D then SendKeyEvent(XK_asciicircum, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_F then SendKeyEvent(XK_less, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_G then SendKeyEvent(XK_greater, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_H then SendKeyEvent(XK_bracketleft, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_J then SendKeyEvent(XK_bracketright, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_K then SendKeyEvent(XK_equal, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_L then SendKeyEvent(XK_F11, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_DEL then SendKeyEvent(XK_F12, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_Z then SendKeyEvent(XK_Tab, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_X then SendKeyEvent(XK_semicolon, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_C then SendKeyEvent(XK_comma, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_V then SendKeyEvent(XK_parenleft, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_B then SendKeyEvent(XK_parenright, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_N then SendKeyEvent(XK_braceleft, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_M then SendKeyEvent(XK_braceright, pressed)
		elseif menu and code == KEY_DOT then SendKeyEvent(XK_comma, pressed)

-- back + keys
		elseif back and code == KEY_Q then SendKeyEvent(XK_exclam, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_W then SendKeyEvent(XK_at, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_E then SendKeyEvent(XK_numbersign, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_R then SendKeyEvent(XK_dollar, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_T then SendKeyEvent(XK_percent, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_Y then SendKeyEvent(XK_caret, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_U then SendKeyEvent(XK_ampersand, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_I then SendKeyEvent(XK_asterisk, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_O then SendKeyEvent(XK_parenleft, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_P then SendKeyEvent(XK_parenright, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_A then SendKeyEvent(XK_asterisk, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_S then SendKeyEvent(XK_plus, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_D then SendKeyEvent(XK_numbersign, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_F then SendKeyEvent(XK_minus, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_G then SendKeyEvent(XK_underscore, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_H then SendKeyEvent(XK_parenleft, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_J then SendKeyEvent(XK_parenright, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_K then SendKeyEvent(XK_ampersand, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_L then SendKeyEvent(XK_exclam, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_DEL then SendKeyEvent(XK_question, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_Z then SendKeyEvent(XK_asciitilde, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_X then SendKeyEvent(XK_dollar, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_C then SendKeyEvent(XK_bar, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_V then SendKeyEvent(XK_slash, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_B then SendKeyEvent(XK_backslash, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_N then SendKeyEvent(XK_quotedbl, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_M then SendKeyEvent(XK_apostrophe, pressed)
		elseif back and code == KEY_DOT then SendKeyEvent(XK_colon, pressed)

-- sym + keys
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_Q then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_W then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_E then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_R then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_T then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_Y then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_U then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_I then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_O then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_P then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_A then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_S then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_D then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_F then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_G then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_H then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_J then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_K then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_L then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_DEL then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_Z then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_X then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_C then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_V then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_B then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_N then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_M then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif sym and code == KEY_DOT then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)

-- lower case letter keys
		elseif code == KEY_Q then SendKeyEvent(XK_q, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_W then SendKeyEvent(XK_w, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_E then SendKeyEvent(XK_e, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_R then SendKeyEvent(XK_r, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_T then SendKeyEvent(XK_t, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_Y then SendKeyEvent(XK_y, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_U then SendKeyEvent(XK_u, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_I then SendKeyEvent(XK_i, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_O then SendKeyEvent(XK_o, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_P then SendKeyEvent(XK_p, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_A then SendKeyEvent(XK_a, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_S then SendKeyEvent(XK_s, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_D then SendKeyEvent(XK_d, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_F then SendKeyEvent(XK_f, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_G then SendKeyEvent(XK_g, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_H then SendKeyEvent(XK_h, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_J then SendKeyEvent(XK_j, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_K then SendKeyEvent(XK_k, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_L then SendKeyEvent(XK_l, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_Z then SendKeyEvent(XK_z, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_X then SendKeyEvent(XK_x, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_C then SendKeyEvent(XK_c, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_V then SendKeyEvent(XK_v, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_B then SendKeyEvent(XK_b, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_N then SendKeyEvent(XK_n, pressed)
		elseif code == KEY_M then SendKeyEvent(XK_m, pressed)

-- other keys
		elseif shift and	code == KEY_DEL then SendKeyEvent(XK_Delete, pressed)
		elseif		code == KEY_DEL then SendKeyEvent(XK_BackSpace, pressed)
		elseif		code == KEY_DOT then SendKeyEvent(XK_period, pressed)
		elseif		code == KEY_SLASH then SendKeyEvent(XK_slash, pressed)
		elseif		code == KEY_ENTER then SendKeyEvent(XK_Return, pressed)
		elseif		code == KEY_SPACE then SendKeyEvent(XK_space, pressed)
		elseif		code == KEY_ALT then SendKeyEvent(XK_Alt_L, pressed)
		elseif		code == KEY_AA then SendKeyEvent(XK_Control_L, pressed)

-- special keys
		--elseif		code == KEY_VPLUS then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif		code == KEY_VMINUS then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		elseif			code == KEY_LPGBCK then Quit()
		elseif shift and	code == KEY_HOME then SendKeyEvent(XK_End, pressed)
		elseif			code == KEY_HOME then SendKeyEvent(XK_Home, pressed)
		elseif			code == KEY_LPGFWD then SendKeyEvent(XK_Escape, pressed)
		--elseif		code == KEY_PGFWD then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)
		--elseif		code == KEY_PGBCK then SendKeyEvent(XK_, pressed)

-- fiveway keys for cursor and mouse moves
		elseif alt and		code == KEY_FW_LEFT then do x = x-1  SendPointerEvent( x, y, ButtonMask )  end
		elseif			code == KEY_FW_LEFT then SendKeyEvent(XK_Left, pressed)
		elseif alt and		code == KEY_FW_RIGHT then do x = +1  SendPointerEvent( x, y, ButtonMask )  end
		elseif			code == KEY_FW_RIGHT then SendKeyEvent(XK_Right, pressed)
		elseif shift and 	code == KEY_FW_UP then SendKeyEvent(XK_Page_Up, pressed)
		elseif alt and		code == KEY_FW_UP then  do y = y-1  SendPointerEvent( x, y, ButtonMask )  end
		elseif			code == KEY_FW_UP then SendKeyEvent(XK_Page_Up, pressed)
		elseif shift and 	code == KEY_FW_DOWN then SendKeyEvent(XK_Page_Down, pressed)
		elseif alt and		code == KEY_FW_DOWN then SendPointerEvent( x, y, ButtonMask )
		elseif			code == KEY_FW_DOWN then do y = y+1  SendPointerEvent( x, y, ButtonMask )  end
		elseif alt and		code == KEY_FW_PRESS then do ButtonMask = ButtonMask1  SendPointerEvent( x, y, ButtonMask )  end
		elseif home and		code == KEY_FW_PRESS then do ButtonMask = ButtonMask2  SendPointerEvent( x, y, ButtonMask )  end
		elseif back and		code == KEY_FW_PRESS then do ButtonMask = (ButtonMask1 | ButtonMask2)  SendPointerEvent( x, y, ButtonMask )  end
		elseif			code == KEY_FW_PRESS then SendKeyEvent(XK_Return, pressed)
		end
	end
end
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:58 PM   #237
twobob

Hi pop. Just so I like totally am 100% with you.

There is like a keys.lua right? (I'm going to check mine...)

my 5 way moves my target server so I am just trying to exactly you are driving at.
Does your 5 way not move your target? or am I totally missing the point?

is this about EXACT positioning? as opposed to just

Quote:
elseif code == KEY_FW_LEFT then SendKeyEvent(XK_Left, pressed)
elseif code == KEY_FW_RIGHT then SendKeyEvent(XK_Right, pressed)
elseif code == KEY_FW_UP then SendKeyEvent(XK_Up, pressed)
elseif code == KEY_FW_DOWN then SendKeyEvent(XK_Down, pressed)
elseif code == KEY_FW_PRESS then SendKeyEvent(XK_Return, pressed)
Okay I think I get it now. Will dig. Hawhill I suppose would be "the man" I will dig for docs too

Last edited by twobob; 11-20-2012 at 04:01 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #238
PoP
 curly᷂͓̫̙᷊̥̮̾ͯͤͭͬͦͨ ʎʌɹnɔ
PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3₃.₄.₃ PW3&4₅.₁₃.₃
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
my 5 way moves my target server so I am just trying to exactly you are driving at.
Does your 5 way not move your target? or am I totally missing the point?.
You got it. My 5 way moves the character cursor too, as expected. I want to also move the mouse pointer.
PoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:16 PM   #239
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoP View Post
You got it. My 5 way moves the character cursor too, as expected. I want to also move the mouse pointer.
Yeah. this would actually be handy. I see your point. : )
Old 11-21-2012, 03:38 AM   #240
twobob

top is bottom when inverted! who knew? : D

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Hints:
It works with a rotated screen. However, the screen must be rotated when the app starts up, not afterwards.
Hi. I noted that if I start the application in (completely) inverted mode the 5 way does not follow orientation. (i.e top is bottom)

I will have a look at the config for the keys, simply thought I would mention it
: D

Excellent product. Much obliged.

Tags
application, kindle, source, viewer, vnc