Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > ePub Books

Notices

Old 06-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #1
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Saki: Stories and Novels | v.1.2 | Update 26 Nov 2014

These are the collected stories and novels of Saki (a.k.a. H.H. Munro, Wikipedia). He is the master of sardonic comments and wrote some of the funniest stories I’ve ever read.

Click image for larger version

Name:	saki2.jpg
Views:	1102
Size:	52.7 KB
ID:	87241

This volume contains all the stories from
Reginald (1904),
Reginald in Russia (1910),
The Chronicles of Clovis (1911),
Beasts and Super-Beasts (1914),
The Toys of Peace and Other Papers (1919),
The Square Egg and Other Sketches (1924),
seven uncollected stories,
and the two novels
The Unbearable Bassington (1912) and
When William Came (1913).

The texts have been reformatted, fonts are embedded, every book has its own table of contents, to which links at the end of each story/chapter take you back. An alphabetical index of all the stories is also included.

Best,
pynch.

v.1.1 | Update 4 Jun 2012
Fixed a problem with the links that weren’t displayed correctly.

v.1.2 | Update 26 Nov 2014
I have fully proofed all the texts against print copies and corrected about 1400 mistakes and variants.

Previous Download Count: 776
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Saki - Stories and Novels v1.2.epub (1.32 MB, 1732 views)

Last edited by pynch; 02-04-2016 at 08:30 AM.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #2
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Wonderful! I'd only found 2 books of Saki.

Is there any chance of having Lichtenberg some time, one of my favorite german authors? That is, the Südelbücher and/or Letters? My German is middling, and though my Zweitausendeins edition of the complete works is a pleasure, with good annotations and the right size and weight, it would be a help to have an epub edition for easy access to a fair dictionary (though I must say my Franklin electronic dictionary is better, if less convenient, for the old-fashioned vowels).

Last edited by anacreon; 06-04-2012 at 12:40 AM.
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
Mike Hobart
Enthusiast
Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Wow, what a collection!

(How heavy would this be if you had it in a print edition?? You would need two people to lift it !)
Mike Hobart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 12:34 AM   #4
jgray
Fanatic
jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgray ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E & Sage
Thanks for the collection. I remember reading "The Interlopers" long ago. I still think it has one of the most chilling endings ever. Definitely a good read on a dark and stormy night
jgray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 02:39 AM   #5
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
v.1.2 | Update 26 Nov 2014

I have fully proofed all the texts against print copies of British editions, mostly, and corrected about 1400 mistakes and variants. This should be fairly reliable now, so please let me know if you find any mistakes.

Last edited by pynch; 11-26-2014 at 02:55 AM.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert