Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-12-2017, 02:18 AM   #1231
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
I could be mistaken, but isn't Icarus essentially Onyx rebranded under another name?
Icarus is Boyue rebranded under another name (EDIT: at least the latest)

Last edited by mdp; 11-12-2017 at 03:28 AM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:21 AM   #1232
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phyzjqk View Post
Onyx sold 471 Max2 in the first day.
Where does this data come from? Chinese forum?
Old 11-12-2017, 02:57 AM   #1233
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Interesting. Didn't know that. Was that in reference to Icarus or the Russian models? Or perhaps both?
Icarus, as already said, has the same hardware. But for the Russian's models, you must check that the hardware is the same. By the past, the Russian's model wasn't the same than the models for the international market, for example : no audio output. So make a verification before to buy.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 08:43 AM   #1234
lems1995
Zealot
lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.lems1995 holds these truths to be self-evident.

Device: sony prs-t2,prs-t3, onyx boox n96ml, maxcarta, Likebook Note+Mimas
All that stuff about hardware seems good but what about software, for example is OB beggining handle lemmatisation?, does'it recognize "it's" as a verbe "to be"? or continue to say "not found" in dictionnary?
lems1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:35 AM   #1235
tracey1
Addict
tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracey1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's great that we're getting reviews and more so soon so next month should be exciting. But the comments about the lag and other stuff are discouraging. How annoying would it be if you bought the max and then 6 months later they come out with a new "bug-free" model.

I hope they get it right, especially when it comes to the monitor and writing capabilities
tracey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 11:45 AM   #1236
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
They seem to be shipping to domestic clients first. The ereaderstore will apparently get their first shipment in December. The important thing is that they are shipping.
If you want it earlier, you are welcome to place an order from those currently selling it. If you would prefer to purchase it from a place where you will get a longer warranty and perhaps better after care service should you need it, you may want to wait a month.
Yours is a very thoughtful guess. I had the wrong assumption that if you can order it now, they send it now too...

Concerning your last assertion, I don't expect any kind of effective warranty from the Europe re-seller cause it's a very small "company" and it's already hard to get attention from much larger ones...

Last edited by viceant; 11-12-2017 at 11:47 AM. Reason: complete
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 01:07 PM   #1237
mdp
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracey1 View Post
How annoying would it be if you bought the max and then 6 months later they come out with a new "bug-free" model
Any relevant issue will probably be software only, reparable or improvable in firmware
Old 11-12-2017, 01:34 PM   #1238
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viceant View Post
Concerning your last assertion, I don't expect any kind of effective warranty from the Europe re-seller cause it's a very small "company" and it's already hard to get attention from much larger ones...
I don't think like you, because for one "company" already mentioned, the attention and the support was effective. Sometimes, a small company take care of there customers more than some big company, even for people that don't by their device in the small company.
Old 11-12-2017, 01:56 PM   #1239
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Yours is a very thoughtful guess.
Of course, it's a guess. Some companies go for a worldwide release. Others release their products in stages.

The last few Harry Potter books had worldwide release dates. Other books get released in one region first before being released in other areas. I've ordered books from Amazon's UK division before when I didn't want to wait 6 months for them to be released in North America.

And the same type of thing often happens with phones and other computer hardware.

Quote:
I had the wrong assumption that if you can order it now, they send it now too...
Not quite sure that I understood that.

Presumably, if you order it from a Chinese vendor who is currently selling it, it would ship right away. Unless, of course, they are under some kind of legal agreement which prevents them from shipping to certain regions. Although I can order many things from Amazon's US dvision, certain items won't ship to Canada.

Quote:
Sometimes one gets better attention from smaller companies than bigger ones.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:00 PM   #1240
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy11 View Post
Icarus, as already said, has the same hardware. But for the Russian's models, you must check that the hardware is the same. By the past, the Russian's model wasn't the same than the models for the international market, for example : no audio output. So make a verification before to buy.
Thanks. Good to know.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 02:38 PM   #1241
viceant
Addict
viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viceant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-t1, Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s), Boyue Likebook Mimas
Quote:
I don't think like you, because for one "company" already mentioned, the attention and the support was effective. Sometimes, a small company take care of there customers more than some big company, even for people that don't by their device in the small company.
Well, it's not my experience whith the "company" you know. Sorry, but I don't want to become angry talking about that issue.

Enviado desde mi MI 4W mediante Tapatalk
viceant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:06 PM   #1242
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Well, it's not my experience whith the "company" you know. Sorry, but I don't want to become angry talking about that issue.

Enviado desde mi MI 4W mediante Tapatalk
It's not a problem. I understand, some times the things goes wrong :-(
Old 11-12-2017, 04:02 PM   #1243
Boreras
Connoisseur
Boreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: TBA
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
Any relevant issue will probably be software only, reparable or improvable in firmware
I own a M90. I'm incredibly excited about this device but buying Onyx on launch requires some caution. Hopefully we get reviews before then.
Boreras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:07 PM   #1244
Randy11
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreras View Post
I own a M90. I'm incredibly excited about this device but buying Onyx on launch requires some caution. Hopefully we get reviews before then.
Oh, yes ! I remember the M90, rapidly replaced by the M92.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:48 PM   #1245
Boreras
Connoisseur
Boreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBoreras can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: TBA
Quote:
Oh, yes ! I remember the M90, rapidly replaced by the M92.
Haha, the good thing is it often still works. Just not outdoors, or sometimes indoors. Starts flipping some pages.

Looking to replace it with the new max 2 pro, or 10.3" (Sony doesn't sell in Europe). It's a bit weird that based on the ratio, 10.3" mostly wider, barely taller, than the 9.7" models. See here
Boreras is offline   Reply With Quote