Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 09-02-2017, 07:09 PM   #511
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple rooted & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Zinio
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarantules View Post
Thanks for the reply but unfortunatelly I don't use any cloud services.
As has been stated by Blossom you do have a Google Drive account which Android also uses to backup Android itself. If you have never connected using the Drive app then you probably should do so to make sure that Android is being protected. Moon+ works well with Drive.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2017, 06:25 AM   #512
Oldhammer
Oldhammer began at the beginning.

Device: Honor 6
For some reason I can't fathom my Moon+ Reader has started skipping parts of sentences in random places when listening to TTS. It is really annoying, as it renders my usual way of listening to books while doing other stuff next to impossible. I don't remember encountering this problem ~a month prior to today.
Oldhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:53 AM   #513
GameMonsters
GameMonsters doesn't litterGameMonsters doesn't litter

Device: Nook, Nook Color, ASUS, Galaxy
How to reset the "moving locked"?

Hi,

My cat activated the moving lock while I was reading a PDF book using Moon Reader. How do I reset it?

Thanks,
Ann

Last edited by GameMonsters; 09-29-2017 at 07:55 AM. Reason: Typo
GameMonsters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:59 AM   #514
stumped
Guru
stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Device: Samsung tab s , fire HDX 8.9, fire hd 8
Ask the cat ?
Or
Power cycle the device,
Force stop the app,...
What exactly is a moving lock anyway, a device button or an app feature?
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2017, 05:57 AM   #515
garlnt
garlnt began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Highlighting in ext sd card

Hi. I use bookari and moon reader. I love moom reader nut the problem is that my books are huge like 1 to 2 gb each and I keep books in ext sd card and moon reader cant highlight books stored in ext sd card. Any way out? Bookari highlights them but hangs too much.
garlnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 07:46 AM   #516
Madame Cholet
Madame Cholet began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Gt 5120
I have a stupid question too..
I have great problems keeping the bookshelf, with the books, in the order, that I choose, it will insist on moving them around. I finally got around this by putting them in order, and prefixing the titles with a letter and number, which has kept them in place. Problem is, if I want to download and add any more books, a whole list comes up, and I don't seem to be able to choose just the new ones. I think because I've altered the titles slightly in the bookshelf view, it now thinks that the ones on my SD are different and wants to replicate them. I have to keep deleting all the doubles. Is there any way to just tell it which titles to download? .. Any help gratefully recieved.. Thanks.
Madame Cholet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 08:22 AM   #517
stumped
Guru
stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.stumped is not required to obey the law of gravity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Cholet View Post
Is there any way to just tell it which titles to download? .. Any help gratefully recieved.. Thanks.
yes.
depends what you mean by "download" and what your process is though
I have moon+ set to view a specific android folder ( which I also have calibre companion aimed at). that is set in Moon+ preferences. for me , that is a "books" folder on my actual external SD card, not the virual SD card that android uses to confusingly refer to an internal folder
but i have moon+ auto import OFF. so to get a book into Moon ( that is already on the device) , i can go to the my files tab- that shows what is in the selected folder, then open an individual title to start reading it ( after which it appears on the My Recent tab . I don't bother with " my shelf" so I am not an expert on manipulating that.
if the book I want it not already on the device, I use CC to fetch a copy,
I can also then get a book into moon by choosing Read in calibre companion, it then shows up on " my Recent" for future use.
if I were not using CC' I'd dump a whole collection of books to my SD card folder, via USB from PC say, and access that from within moon as needed, with auto-import turned off.

I think the key fact is turning off auto import, for full control over individual books

I'd be quite interested in reading a for-dummies account of how my shelf / my shelves is supposed to work, I never got the point of that & I just use My Recent for all the books I am part way through.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:34 AM   #518
stumped
Guru

on the My shelf view
tap the funnel icon
you can then select sort by title, author, import time, recent list... lots of options. there is also a read filter and a search icon.

it seems form a quick play that if I simply want books on shelves I go to my shelf and choose import from there
action taken thre do not change what is on My recent tab, as that is list of ones that i have begin to read
aldo I cen remove a book from my shelf - long tap, select bin , ignore also delete file, and the book is still in my fiels, all I have "removed" is the database entry

thus: My files = books in a folder which android can see
My shelf: books that I have told moon to add to its database. Moon stores the metadata, the actual book is still in the My fiels folder
My Recent: books that I have opened in moon
there are old thread on thsi board about how to create and manage multiple shelve e.g. for genres
I think you need to sort using the given option of author, titles, date, as renaming to force a sort order will confuse the database
to get other handy stuff, like series info, I learned to do that as the books are copied from calibre to calibre companion, by tweaking various templates as per help found in other thread.
my master library is calibre on PC
Old 10-08-2017, 12:55 PM   #519
Madame Cholet

Exclamation

Hi.. Thanks for replying..
I'm moving epub books, sourced from an OPDS site, from the download position to a Moon Reader folder on my external memory card. That shows up in Moon Reader, and I can import with no problems. Trouble is, if I just want to add a couple of new books, I can't find a way to import just those, instead, it imports the whole lot again. I end up withl several duplicates.
I think that is because I have renamed the files in Moon Reader, maybe I need to rename them in the Moon Reader folder before import.
To me it would seem such a simple task to add a tick box beside the import list.
I'll have a look among the threads and see if I can find anything that may help.
Old 10-08-2017, 12:58 PM   #520
Madame Cholet

Exclamation

I don't use calibre, so I'm not familiar with it, but I'll have a look at that as well.
Old 10-08-2017, 01:08 PM   #521
stumped
Guru

I can go to the my folder view and open any one single book, that adds it to the database and to my recents list.
You need to have auto add, auto import, whatever it is called OFF in preferences
There is probanly q non obvious way to add only a selection to my shelf. Maybe somethibg to.do.with long taps. Maybe faster to experiment rhwn to search for instrucions.
I and others have found the program author to be helpful if you message him. Addess shoild be on the google play store listing
Old 10-08-2017, 01:17 PM   #522
stumped
Guru

See this old thread for how to multi select individual books to.import
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=207986
Old 10-08-2017, 06:08 PM   #523
Madame Cholet

Thanks for that, I'd already seen that on browsing, but that, if it did work, no longer does. Hitting the the three dots only brings up import, open a random book or select all. Import brings up the whole folder, currently its wanting to bring in 161 books, all of which are already on my bookshelf. I've emailed the developer, but looking at recent comments, I'm not to hopeful for a reply.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:10 AM   #524
ChronoVlad
ChronoVlad began at the beginning.

Device: ASUS Fonepad 7
Need help i keep getting an error while changing Main Folder from Internal Memory to Micro SD

I wanna change the location for the Moon Reader Folder since my internal memory has only 2gb while my micro sd has 32gb.

Using Moon+ Reader Pro Ver. 4.3.1 / Asus Fonepad 7 - Android 5.0
ChronoVlad is offline   Reply With Quote