Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-28-2004, 02:59 AM   #1
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
If you were going on a trip....

...and you wanted to take two books to read what would they be?

Would you opt for a classic tried-and-true re-read? The safe bet?

Or would you get a previously unread tome from an author that has proven track record with you?

Or maybe really take a walk on the wild side and take along a couple of previous unread books by previously unread author(s)? Maybe an author you've "heard good things about"?

Or a real shot in the dark: completely unknown author(s) and books that just happen to catch your fancy?
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 03:12 AM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Heh,

I'd play the middle road....I don't think I'd want to re-read a book (not when I have so many unread on the back-burner already. I'm also a bit hesitant to try new authors, though I make the exception now and then (ie for George R Martin as one example).

I'd take one book by a proven author I know I want to read, and I'd take another I'd heard good things about, but never read. You have to live a dangerous life sometimes!
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert