Notices

Old 01-14-2013, 06:24 AM   #1
Moik
Member Retired
Moik began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Best way to create flashcards

Hi,

so far I have used PowerPoint to create flashcards for my Kindle. They were usually text and some images. (Page 1 - Question; Page 2 - Answer...)

However, now I will have to study some physics which means a lot more formulas and images. Also, I might need several pages to explain some concepts so a table of contents in the beginning which link to the individual questions would be great.

Do you have any recommendations how I can do this? Maybe LaTex?
Moik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 10:12 AM   #2
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Amazon creates flashcards for all your highlights and notes here:

https://kindle.amazon.com/refresh/f/1

You can copy and paste the flash cards to MS Word or just modify and print them directly using Snagit available here:

http://www.techsmith.com/download/snagit/default.asp

MS Word allows creation of a table of contents and linked footnotes.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
Moik
Member Retired

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I think I was unclear: The flashcards won't be based on any books but I want to fully design them...
As far as I understood it your solution is based on books.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #4
susan_cassidy
Wizard
susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.susan_cassidy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad (not used much for reading)
LaTex isn't going to help unless you have a way to translate it into .mobi format. You have to use the special <mbpagebreak/> tag to force a page break in html for .mobi format, which you will need for each "page" of the flashcard file. Also, images will have to have the correct <a href> tag.
susan_cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 06:11 PM   #5
Moik
Member Retired

Ok, thank you!
Advert