Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 08-28-2018, 10:33 PM   #421
thekidsmom
Connoisseur
thekidsmom began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 3, nook, Nexus 7, iPad
Thanks!

The beta worked for me too. Thanks, as always, for your efforts.
thekidsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:55 AM   #422
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Beta: Get ASIN and check results for best match

Here is another beta as promised earlier in the week. This adds two new things:
  • Checks through the search results for a match to the title and author. This will solve the problem reported by @saitoh183.
  • Get the ASIN if the book is am Amazon edition. There is an option to turn this on. It is off by default. This is based on code from @Iceybones.

As usual, please test and report how it goes. If everything is OK, I will try to release it officially next week.

Last edited by davidfor; 10-24-2018 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Removed beta as it has been released.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2018, 01:14 PM   #423
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Hi davidfor,

I've briefly tested (more intensive tests after this, as I use it a lot...), and I've found no problem with it. I've turned on the option for ASIN and it's recovering it right.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:46 AM   #424
saitoh183
saitoh183 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
  • Checks through the search results for a match to the title and author. This will solve the problem reported by @saitoh183.
  • Get the ASIN if the book is am Amazon edition. There is an option to turn this on. It is off by default. This is based on code from @Iceybones.

As usual, please test and report how it goes. If everything is OK, I will try to release it officially next week.
Thanks i will give it a go
saitoh183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 12:07 AM   #425
FlyGoneCrazy
FlyGoneCrazy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hey!

is there some central place where source code of this plugin is managed (e.g. GitHub). Asking as I would like to add a few minor changes that all the time when new version is released I'm adding manually:
1. Lithuanian language in language tables
2. if condition that in case of Lithuanian language avoids 'self.plugin.clean_downloaded_metadata(mi)'

Thanks!
FlyGoneCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-22-2018, 04:40 AM   #426
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyGoneCrazy View Post
Hey!

is there some central place where source code of this plugin is managed (e.g. GitHub). Asking as I would like to add a few minor changes that all the time when new version is released I'm adding manually:
1. Lithuanian language in language tables
2. if condition that in case of Lithuanian language avoids 'self.plugin.clean_downloaded_metadata(mi)'
There is no source repository for this or any off kiwidudes plugins. But, the complete source is included in the plugin. Unzip it, make the changes you want, rezip it and install it again. And if you make changes you think others will be interested in, post the change here and we can discuss including it.

I haven't looked at the language before. It looks like there is an error in the handling. The call to "canonicalize_lang" probably should be taking "raw" rather than "ans" (which should be None at that point). Can you post some examples books so I can test this? I'm a single language person (though my wife thinks that count is a bit high) so don't need some help when it comes to other languages. And are we talking title or authors that are the problem?

If skipping this is something needed, I'd like to put something a bit more generic in so that other languages can be easily added. Or possibly add it as an option. Looking at "clean_downloaded_metadata", I'm not completely sure I want it done at all.
Old 10-02-2018, 09:17 PM   #427
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
@davidfor if this version is good to go it might be time to move it to the first post for all others to get the update. If you could provide me the version number and the Version History: blurb I'll be glad to update the first post.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 09:39 PM   #428
hovering
hovering began at the beginning.

Device: nook
DISREGARD.. Found answer but I don't know how to delete post. Thanks!

Recently I've noticed that a lot of series books are not downloading the SERIES information for me. Everything else downloads except that. It used to work just fine until recently and I made no changes to which items to download. Any idea what is going on?

Last edited by hovering; 10-02-2018 at 09:43 PM.
hovering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 01:51 PM   #429
FlyGoneCrazy
FlyGoneCrazy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hey!

first of all pardon me for late replay.

Quote:
if you make changes you think others will be interested in, post the change here and we can discuss including it.
Change #1 in 'worker.py':

lm = {
'eng': ('English', 'Englisch'),
'fra': ('French', 'Français'),
'ita': ('Italian', 'Italiano'),
'dut': ('Dutch',),
'deu': ('German', 'Deutsch'),
'spa': ('Spanish', 'Espa\xf1ol', 'Espaniol'),
'jpn': ('Japanese', u'日本語'),
'por': ('Portuguese', 'Português'),
'lt': ('Lithuanian',),
}

It simply recognizes and adds Lithuanian language to calibre. In case other users need other languages, this array should be expanded.

Change #2 in 'worker.py':

Instead of:

self.plugin.clean_downloaded_metadata(mi)

Use following:

if mi.language != 'lt':
self.plugin.clean_downloaded_metadata(mi)

As you've mentioned, maybe it would make sense to make it more generic, e.g. a possibility to select languages (or exceptions) in settings of the plugin.
FlyGoneCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #430
knobunc
knobunc began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite 3
Thanks for all of your hard work on this excellent plugin.

It looks like goodreads has changed the result format again... I get a crash:

Plugin Goodreads failed Traceback (most recent call last): File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/sources/identify.py", line 48, in run File "calibre_plugins.goodreads.__init__", line 158, in identify File "calibre_plugins.goodreads.__init__", line 232, in _parse_search_results IndexError: list index out of range

And it looks like the URL has moved in the result set.

Thanks
knobunc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:22 PM   #431
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by knobunc View Post
Thanks for all of your hard work on this excellent plugin.

It looks like goodreads has changed the result format again... I get a crash:

Plugin Goodreads failed Traceback (most recent call last): File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/sources/identify.py", line 48, in run File "calibre_plugins.goodreads.__init__", line 158, in identify File "calibre_plugins.goodreads.__init__", line 232, in _parse_search_results IndexError: list index out of range

And it looks like the URL has moved in the result set.
They have already made changes The attached beta should fix this. Please tell me how it goes.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Goodreads-beta.zip (22.9 KB, 209 views)
Old 10-13-2018, 06:17 AM   #432
Collie
Collie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition 11th Gen
Quote:
They have already made changes The attached beta should fix this. Please tell me how it goes.
Thanks, this beta works great for me!
Collie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:48 AM   #433
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
This beta is working for me too (I saw the errors yesterday, but as my Internet was messed, I didn't know the real origin).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 06:24 PM   #434
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Just added a batch of books and the beta seems to be working well.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 08:12 PM   #435
arogl
arogl began at the beginning.

Device: android
Use ASIN in lookup

Is it possible to add a check for ASIN like there is for ISBN?

I have a number of books that have ASIN but if there is a ISBN version, this plugin uses that version rather than the ASIN?

Thanks Andrew.
arogl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
goodreads, metadata