Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-21-2018, 10:56 AM   #1
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle epub readers on android
single external stylesheet elsewhere on computer using href

I want to make a single stylesheet.css located on the desktop which drives all books in the calibre library which reference that css file. I am having trouble with the syntax in Ubuntu for doing this. I have tried various combinations, including
<link href="file:///~/Desktop/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>

If I understand the general method for this, the correct such link must be put in every xhtml segment.

Best Regards, Pop
rjwse@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 12:49 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You cannot use ~ that is a shell specific shortcut. Use the full path.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 07:45 AM   #3
rjwse@aol.com
Addict
rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rjwse@aol.com ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for the information about not being able to use tilda. I am still unable to make it work. I have tried several versions and tried the web for more information. I have several xhtml segments in a book and have removed the reference in one of the xhtml segments to the imbedded stylesheet.css. The single xhtml segment references a stylesheet file on my computer in the Desktop directory, but I cannot get the grammar right:

<link href="/home/pop/Desktop/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
<link href="file:/home/pop/Desktop/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
<link href="file://home/pop/Desktop/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>
<link href="file:///home/pop/Desktop/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"/>

I am using Ubuntu 18.04 Gnome.
Best regards, pop
Old 08-22-2018, 07:49 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'd be pretty surprised if it worked in general. Most EPUB readers typically block access to files on the local filesystem for security reasons -- I know the calibre viewer/editor do that for files accessed via javascript. I cant recall if it is also the case for files not accessed via javascript, but I would not be surprised if it were so.

If you want to view all your books witha particular stylesheet applied, the way to do it is to add it as a "user stylesheet" in the viewer preferences.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 02:10 PM   #5
rjwse@aol.com
Addict

thanks

Thanks for the help. I tried out adding the stylesheet to the reader and it works very well. Best regards, Pop