Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Hardware & Software

Notices

Old 10-13-2017, 04:30 PM   #1
kelemvor
Enthusiast
kelemvor began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Ripping an Audiobook CD to mp3?

Howdy,

I have a couple old audiobooks that came on actual CDs. You know, those flat circular things that spin real fast?

Anyway, is there any special software to rip those into MP3 so I can put them on my phone? Can I just rip them with any old ripping software or is there something that will go online and get all the book/author/covert art info and such to make it look good in the audiobook app?

Thanks.
kelemvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 05:52 PM   #2
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I assume you don't have an Iphone because Itunes does that readily. Everybody will have a different answer which is GOOD because you will find the one that you love.

I've used dBPoweramp for years. Install, right click on CD, select RIP AS 1 and then the entire disk will be ripped as one file. One file per disk. There is no subscription for this program and, in fact, I don't think I've upgraded since I got it, so it likely has more features than my version. Rips Audible downloads as well to Mp3 so long as you don't download the Enhanced versions of audiobooks.

edited to add: One thing I lost by not upgrading recently is that the program will no longer fill in the metadata for rips. There is now a one-time fee for that. It's up to you - you can do metadata manually (as I do) or have it done automatically.

Last edited by Tarana; 10-13-2017 at 05:56 PM.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2017, 06:01 PM   #3
kelemvor
Enthusiast

I use Windows. I can just use Windows Media Player to rip music CDs. Never tried it with an AudioBook CD. I guess I'll just try it and see what happens.
Old 10-13-2017, 06:10 PM   #4
kelemvor
Enthusiast

Well, WMP can pull the name of the book and the author, but just wants to treat the tracks as songs as just has them as "Unknown Track 10" type thing. hmm
Old 10-14-2017, 03:09 AM   #5
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Itunes will do it.

I rip a ton of music CDs and I use Exact Audio Copy (EAC).
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote