Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-30-2016, 03:22 PM   #1
jeano
jeano began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle wifi touch
Calibre not recognising Kindle Touch

Have been using Calibre with Kindle Paperwhite for about 3 years now. Yesterday I acquired brand new Kindle Touch and tried to add books to the device. The device was not recognised - all options greyed out. I downloaded latest update for Calibre available for WindowsXP and this did not solve the problem. I am still able to interact with both my own Paperwhite and my husbands but still no recognition of the Kindle Touch. I can see the Kindle in My Computer but unable to load any books. Have ~Amazon changed the software to prevent this - and will it work with a new Paperwhite?
jeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 03:44 PM   #2
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
By Kindle Touch do you mean the Kindle Touch, which came out in 2011, or do you mean the 7th (2014) or 8th (2016) Generation basic Kindle with touch screen?

You can see the Kindle in My Computer. Does that mean you can open it as a drive letter and drag & drop files to it okay?

Unless there is something unique to the old version of Calibre that runs on XP and newer hardware I've seen nothing about problems with the newer basic Kindle's and Calibre.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 04:10 PM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Are you using the same usb cord and slot?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 09:24 PM   #4
jeano
jeano began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle wifi touch
Smile Update

Just to be clear, same cable, usb slot and calibre library as Paperwhite on brand new Kindle Touch. Sent it back and bought a new paperwhite. No more problems.
jeano is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle touch