Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 03-17-2010, 07:47 AM   #1
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
4 second page turns and other bugs and crashes in Coolreader

There's some things that are very buggy in Coolreader.

It get's in a state where a single page turn takes 4 seconds of intense green led flashing. This is particular to the book you are reading. You can open a new one and the page turn speed is normal - then go back to your first book, and the speed is still slow.

Also, make sure to set a bookmark before you fiddle with the menu. It can crash out completely to the PP file list, losing your place again. It's done this to me a few times now.

Just before I typed this, I watched it go through about 60 seconds of thrashing the green light before it bombed out. After this it crashed the PP when I tried to reopen the book - had to reset it. The upside of this crash is that page turns are now back to normal for that book.

Also, never plug the reader into your computer via USB while Coolreader is open in a book. It will totally forget where you are up to in the book.

Another small gripe - 'Show manual' from the menu just dumps you back in the book.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by jusmee View Post
There's some things that are very buggy in Coolreader.
What format are you reading in CoolReader? With FB2, I have never seen any of the weirdness that you report with CoolReader.
Currently I am reading "Abandoned" by Cody McFadyen. I purchased the book as an EPUB, but converted the book, with the final output being generated by Book Designer. Earlier, the FB2 output of Calibre was not very good, but I have not tried any Calibre FB2 books lately.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2010, 06:35 PM   #3
jusmee
Wizard
jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jusmee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Libre 2
They are epubs renamed to .fb2.

Does the manual work for you then? Things like the search function really need some explanation - that's one thing I was looking for.
jusmee is offline   Reply With Quote