Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-18-2009, 10:29 PM   #1
kerrimc
kerrimc began at the beginning.

Device: RCA eBook REB1100
Question RCA eBook model # REB1100

A friend gave me an unused RCA eBookreb100 but I need some parts.

Specifically:

Stylus
AC Adapter
USB Cable
Quick start guide
eBook librarian CD ROM

anyone know where I may find them??

HELP!!!!!!

KerriMc

kerrimc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:43 PM   #2
Gfinch
Junky
Gfinch is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505 and REB-1100
Look Around

1. Don't worry about the stylus.
2. Look at the diagram for the power and go to Radio Shack and you can get an adapter and the tip for it.
3. USB cable is a little harder but it uses the same cable as one of the older Olympus digital cameras, Mine was gray in color.
4. For Ebook Librarian software and the REB 1100 drivers go here

http://www.chromakinetics.com/REB1200/REB1100.htm

Hope that Helps.
Gfinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrimc View Post
A friend gave me an unused RCA eBookreb100 but I need some parts.

Specifically:

Stylus
AC Adapter
USB Cable
Quick start guide
eBook librarian CD ROM

anyone know where I may find them??

HELP!!!!!!

KerriMc

I see this is your first post, so let me say 'hello' and also welcome you to MobileRead.

You might try posting in the Flea Market forum, where people buy and sell items. Many different ebook Readers are on sale there and sometimes parts, as well. Good luck!

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
blondebrain58
blondebrain58 began at the beginning.

Device: RCA ebook REB1100
Hi I got my usb cord for mine at Staples, an office supply store, it was about $20.00. I got my power cord at Goodwill, lol, they had a bunch of un used cords and they let me go through them, ikt is actually an old Nokia cell phone charger, try that. I also got my ebook at a garage sale, i need to download the drivers, anyone come across a site to do that yet? The stylus, i got at Walmart, it the kids electronic games section, they have packs of them for about $7.00 Hope this helps. Oh yes and has anyone had to change the battery? I hear its possible,but tricky.

Thanks
Laura
blondebrain58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:47 AM   #5
rogue_ronin
Banned
rogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-booksrogue_ronin has learned how to read e-books

Device: Nokia 770 (fbreader)
Fox International Electronics had a bunch of stuff, back in the day.

Here are some links, don't know if they're still available:

Stylus.

USB Cable.

Cleaning Kit.

AC Adaptor.

You can get batteries rebuilt, too. Could probably do it yourself with a little research -- just remember that you need to keep the bit of electronics that is attached to the old battery pack.

Luck.

m a r

EDIT: and there's this...

Last edited by rogue_ronin; 10-11-2009 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Synchronicity
rogue_ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-13-2009, 01:53 PM   #6
Journier
Groupie
Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Journier has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Hey Kerrimc, welcome to mobile read
Journier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:35 PM   #7
blondebrain58
blondebrain58 began at the beginning.

Device: RCA ebook REB1100
REB1100 registration

HI i have purchased a used ebook REB1100, and i need to change the old owners registration, to my information. Any one know how to do this?

Laura
blondebrain58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 01:05 PM   #8
patriciaroberts
patriciaroberts began at the beginning.

Device: Gemstar REB 1100
Hello,

Ebay has the USB cable for sale by many sellers. The stylus is standard and you can get them anywhere. I found the ebook librarian software on the REB for Dummies site. Hope this helps.

pat
patriciaroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:46 AM   #9
alarshad2007
alarshad2007 began at the beginning.

Device: REB 1100
REB 1100 RCA ebook reader not charging

Hi,

I have a REB 1100 RCA ebook reader. It was working perfectly. I didnot switch it on or charge it for around 6 months. When I tried to recharge the battery, it is not getting recharged. Usually I used to get the recharging icon when I recharge. Now the screen is blank. Please suggest me what should I do now.

Thanks

Best Regards,
ars
alarshad2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:51 PM   #10
alarshad2007
alarshad2007 began at the beginning.

Device: REB 1100
RCA 1100 ebook how to charge the battery?

Hi
My RCA 1100 ebook was perfectly working till yesterday. The battery is now empty. I hooked the adapter charging cable to the ebook and charged from yesterday night for 12 hrs. Still I am not able to switch it on again. Is there any specific way to charge the ebook. Should I click the on switch first and charge it or just plug in the charger and leave it for a day or two? please advice.

thanks
alarshad2007 is offline   Reply With Quote