Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 07-18-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
solarbanjo
Enthusiast
solarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enoughsolarbanjo will become famous soon enough

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge, Entourage Edge
PE Hibernation Observation

Just thought I'd pass on something I noticed when hibernating my PE. It appears that hibernation generally works just fine when I have the wireless turned on. I can hibernate either by closing the unit or long-holding the orientation hard key to bring up the menu.

If, however, I turn off wireless (to save battery), many times I will not be able to hibernate at all. Turning on and letting the wireless reconnect will then allow hibernate to work fine.

I don't know if anyone else has experience this "feature" but if you are having problems it may be worth a try.
solarbanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
I think I might have experienced the same in the past... its very strange, there are a few things like this in Ermine, I have no idea how entourage made the wireless affect the hibernation lol...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 07:29 PM   #3
friartek
Sr. Linux/Unix sys *****
friartek began at the beginning.

Device: kobo, Pocket eDGe
I hadn't experienced this issue until recently, but mine did not act up until I added a wireless keyboard. I turn off the wireless all the time to save power, but never had a problems putting my PE into hibernation. I was using a terminal server to investigate the filesystem, and typing on the screen keyboard was driving me nuts. The original terminal server that comes with ermine would not allow numeric characters. Downloaded another terminal server apt that worked, but since I could not recall and edit commands, it still got tiring. Ordered a wireless keyboard/mouse combo and was working happily until encountering the hibernation issue. If I'm just reading, I normally turn off the wi-fi to save power.

Will keep researching the issues, but wanted to put it on "paper". I hope someone has resolved this and I just haven't found it yet.
friartek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:02 PM   #4
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi friartek! I love your name!

Welcome to the enTourage forum. I see you posted in the Introduce Yourself forum in September, and you have 7(?) Pocket eDGes in your family??! Wow! Nobody wanted a big one?

About hibernation, my EE says it's been hibernating whenever I open it again, but the battery lasts one day, max, whereas my PE can go two or so while hibernating. I always turn wifi off on both and just close them to start the hibernation. Going to experiment with leaving wifi on.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:15 PM   #5
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
That's exactly how I do it, Filark. I'm on day 3 and battery is at 64%. I do turn on airplane mode, though.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
hibernate, pocket edge, wireless