Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-05-2013, 10:08 AM   #466
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venus View Post
I too had the same thing happen, so I contacted Overdrive. The following is their reply

We had a strange system hiccup. Unfortunately, we prematurely communicated to users that their hold was available when it was not. If you signed in to retrieve the title, you would have found that the title was not available to check out. You will receive another notification when the title is available for check out. We apologize for this inconvenience.
Thanks for reporting back on this, Venus!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:20 AM   #467
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
Oooh...maybe the 'hiccup' was also responsible for my 'Mystery of the Missing Email'. Here's hoping.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:53 AM   #468
davem2bits
Enthusiast
davem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windowsdavem2bits format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle Voyage
Bad news, folks. Things have gone from bad to worse on Overdrives hold system. I had holds on two pre-release titles that were released today - one at a library with the new format and one at a library with the old reliable format. I should have received email last night saying the ebooks were available for checkout. This morning, no emails. When I check my accounts, I am number 1 of ##, but the ebook is not available for checkout. I know I was first in line and the ebook should be available to me. I have sent off an inquiry to Overdrive support and my libraries paper website to find out what is going on.
davem2bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #469
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Check to see if the release date has been moved back. Probably not the case, but it's happened to me on a couple of occasions. There does seem to be something wonky with OverDrive's notification system recently, though.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 AM   #470
brdwygurl
Connoisseur
brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.brdwygurl can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by davem2bits View Post
Bad news, folks. Things have gone from bad to worse on Overdrives hold system. I had holds on two pre-release titles that were released today - one at a library with the new format and one at a library with the old reliable format. I should have received email last night saying the ebooks were available for checkout. This morning, no emails. When I check my accounts, I am number 1 of ##, but the ebook is not available for checkout. I know I was first in line and the ebook should be available to me. I have sent off an inquiry to Overdrive support and my libraries paper website to find out what is going on.
You may also want to double check your cart. Sometimes I click on a book (that I had a hold on) to add to my cart it tells me no copies are available. When I go to my cart, the book is in my cart. It's like there is a cross in messages when adding it to your cart.
brdwygurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 01:23 PM   #471
DianNC
Banned

Brooklyn Public Library now has this disclaimer on their digital media site:

If you received a holds email but the title was not available for checkout, please disregard. You will receive another notification when your hold is available. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:07 PM   #472
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
FLP (Philly) has the same message on the Holds screen:
Quote:
If you received a holds email but the title was not available for checkout, please disregard. You will receive another notification when your hold is available. We apologize for the inconvenience.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:05 PM   #473
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
I got another notice about the same book, tonight, and this time when I went to Holds it was actually available.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #474
DianNC
Banned

Oh my. My last remaining library has taken down the 'Next Gen Coming Soon' banner.

Dare I hope?
Old 02-07-2013, 11:49 AM   #475
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
The three libraries I use most still haven't switched over
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:19 PM   #476
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
FLP (Philly) has the same message on the Holds screen:
If I had done that I would have been fired! Times have changed. Don't proof anything before you release it or ship it.

I just was sent something from XXX that was not complete, three things missing, in the box. They did not apologize, I asked for faster shipping since it was their fault. Guess what? I will get it in 8 days. I will not do business with them again.

Times have changed.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:37 PM   #477
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
One of mine went over to the "dark side" just the other day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #478
DianNC
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Do they still have the 'Coming Soon' banner...or did they ever?
Old 02-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #479
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Do they still have the 'Coming Soon' banner...or did they ever?
Never had the banners.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #480
Fat Abe
Man Who Stares at Books
Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fat Abe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All of the Above
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianNC View Post
Brooklyn Public Library now has this disclaimer on their digital media site:

I've noticed this message on the FLP site as well. What happened? Did a computer have a malfunction and spew out thousands of emails? More likely, someone hacked into an Overdrive server and faked a lot of false notifications. Ah, I long for the early days of ebooks, where there were fewer people reserving books. Now the waiting lists take several months to wind down. Don't you dare take a vacation, because you may get a notice that you cannot respond to in time. Then you have to get in the queue again, and wait till next season. Drats.
Fat Abe is offline   Reply With Quote