Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-21-2011, 04:30 PM   #31
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: DR1000s, Hanlin V5
Trying it out right now on the qemu
rvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 05:28 PM   #32
rvs
Groupie
rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rvs has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Can you explain how the logging works (LOGPRINTF and WARNPRINTF)? I can't find the location of these logs.

Thanks
Old 03-22-2011, 03:59 AM   #33
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Hi rvs,

Every component has a files called log.h (or something simular) to control the logging of LOGPRINTF, WARNPRINTF and ERRORPRINTF. Default only WARN and ERROR are enabled. The output (default) goes to stderr.
To see the output on the emulator, you can press Ctrl-Alt-3. Pressing Ctrl-Alt-1 brings you back to the UI again.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #34
rvs
Groupie

Thanks Marcel, very useful information.

Do you develop using Anjuta? I'm guessing it's probably easier that way to quickly test small changes and turn logging on/off, but I still need to figure out how to import the Hackx source code into a (new) Anjuta project.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:21 PM   #35
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvs View Post
Thanks Marcel, very useful information.

Do you develop using Anjuta? I'm guessing it's probably easier that way to quickly test small changes and turn logging on/off, but I still need to figure out how to import the Hackx source code into a (new) Anjuta project.
I use all different kinds of editors on linux and windows to change the code. But for most of the components of MackxPatch I use Anjuta projects. However I do not build using Anjuta, I am used to embedded software and thus also to compiling from command-line.
I use different Anjuta projects for every firmware component (ctb, popupmenu, sysd, etc). One of them I use to start qemu. For each component I also have a separate shell, to execute the make (with correct parameters) and copy the build executable to the qemu (using scp). I have 3 desktops/workspaces, left for the command shells, middle for the Anjuta projects and right for the qemu and a shell that is logged into the qemu (ssh qemu, just press enter for password).
For the commands to type I have a 'que-card', see attached file.
'Creating' an Anjuta project is very easy, copy the one from helloworld to the 'root' of one of the firmware components, rename it and start it.

Hope this helps.
Marcel.
Attached Files
File Type: txt build environments.txt (6.0 KB, 428 views)
Old 03-22-2011, 02:36 PM   #36
rvs
Groupie

Thanks, it's both helpful and interesting
Old 03-23-2011, 06:56 PM   #37
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
I use all different kinds of editors on linux and windows to change the code. But for most of the components of MackxPatch I use Anjuta projects. However I do not build using Anjuta, I am used to embedded software and thus also to compiling from command-line.
I use different Anjuta projects for every firmware component (ctb, popupmenu, sysd, etc). One of them I use to start qemu. For each component I also have a separate shell, to execute the make (with correct parameters) and copy the build executable to the qemu (using scp). I have 3 desktops/workspaces, left for the command shells, middle for the Anjuta projects and right for the qemu and a shell that is logged into the qemu (ssh qemu, just press enter for password).
For the commands to type I have a 'que-card', see attached file.
'Creating' an Anjuta project is very easy, copy the one from helloworld to the 'root' of one of the firmware components, rename it and start it.

Hope this helps.
Marcel.
Interesting.

My DR development environment: a VirtualBox linux virtual machine, with 4 virtual desktops:
1. qemu, a gnome-terminal with 3 tabs (mainly for scp and qemu shell), and a second gnome-terminal with many tabs (for compiling, light editing, copying/moving files and a shared directory from my real desktop)
2. emacs
3. firefox, with some help html files. Btw, when hacking DR firnware doxygen generated files are quite useful
4. evince, a pdf reader

EDIT: I didn't mention I don't use anjuta at all... it doesn't give anything emacs + shell couldn't offer

Iņigo
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #38
rvs
Groupie

Thanks Iņigo,

I haven't heard of doxygen before. What do you use it for?
Old 03-24-2011, 11:11 AM   #39
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
I haven't heard of doxygen before. What do you use it for?
See here: http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/
Old 03-24-2011, 11:16 AM   #40
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
and for an example of its use: https://inigo.katxi.org/ereader/dr800-sources/ and click on "Directories" link.

Iņigo
Old 03-24-2011, 11:24 AM   #41
rvs
Groupie

Very interesting, thanks! It seems quite extensive. I'll try it out (in due time).
Old 03-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #42
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Very interesting, thanks! It seems quite extensive. I'll try it out (in due time).
It's very useful to study third party code.
Doxygen is a package which parses specially formated sources and generates this kind of documentation.

If you want it I can attach here my doxygen configuration in order to help you generate your own docs, as they are big enough to forbid publishing them.

Iņigo
Old 03-24-2011, 02:17 PM   #43
rvs
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
If you want it I can attach here my doxygen configuration in order to help you generate your own docs, as they are big enough to forbid publishing them.
I would very much appreciate that!
Old 03-24-2011, 02:58 PM   #44
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
I would very much appreciate that!
$ gzip -d attached_file.gz

There is also a graphical UI tool for doxygen named doxywizard , you can run it and load the provided config file to modify the output.

Iņigo
Attached Files
File Type: gz Doxyfile.gz (18.6 KB, 296 views)
Old 03-24-2011, 03:07 PM   #45
rvs
Groupie

Thanks again.

I'll try out Doxywizard, too.