Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-05-2011, 07:37 PM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
0.4.0 RC 2 Test builds available

I've uploaded a set of Windows and OS X test builds for 0.4.0 RC 2.

The purpose of these builds is to determine if I've built and packaged Sigil correctly. All I'm looking for is, does it install and run. If these builds work I don't plan on making any other modifications and will be putting out the final 0.4.0 release shortly.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 09:43 PM   #2
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Works on my iMac.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2011, 10:02 PM   #3
Halo
Connoisseur
Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.Halo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle DX 1st Gen, Kindle Fire 1st Gen
There are two Windows 64-bit versions. What is the difference? Which should I test?
Halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Installs and starts XP SP3
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:43 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

there does not seem to be any other way to make a TOC.ncx other than by hand (we lost the F7 (TOC_editor) and now the 'regenerate' button).

I also found that I needed to manually edit the Manifest after renaming some sections (the manifest had the original name for the id)
Advert
Old 08-06-2011, 01:04 AM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
there does not seem to be any other way to make a TOC.ncx other than by hand (we lost the F7 (TOC_editor) and now the 'regenerate' button).

I also found that I needed to manually edit the Manifest after renaming some sections (the manifest had the original name for the id)
Well, THAT seems pesky.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:09 AM   #7
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo View Post
There are two Windows 64-bit versions. What is the difference? Which should I test?
Both please. The difference is one was built with WIN_INSTALLER_USE_64BIT_CRT=1.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:18 AM   #8
user_none

Quote:
They were combined into the "Generate TOC from headings" button under the toc view area. It brings up the TOC_editor for you to choose what to include. From the menu View, Table of Contents if you don't see the panel on the right of the screen.

Quote:
I'm not seeing this behavior. You will need to give me more info about what you're doing exactly. Even with the content.opf open if I rename a section they're renamed properly and the content.opf's view is updated accordingly. Is this happening on all section types or just a particular one?
Old 08-06-2011, 04:12 AM   #9
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Both please. The difference is one was built with WIN_INSTALLER_USE_64BIT_CRT=1.
For win64 builds, use that flag. The 32 bit CRT may work (probably won't), but you don't want it to.

I'm not near my main machine, but look at the win VM build scripts I sent you. They illustrate where the flag needs to be used.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:42 AM   #10
victordg
victordg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Wifi
Great news! I can't wait to the final stable version Any plans on releasing a Linux build for RC2? I can only test it through WINE, though it works fine anyway.
victordg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:12 AM   #11
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
I have just completed the first book with RC2. It works (???)

Neither 64bit version will run on Win 7.

The 32bit version runs OK. The manifest is out of sequence and if I change the name of a section in Book Browser, content.opf does not update.

You are very close. One thumb up.

I'm very anxious for the final version so that we can get down to arguing about ver 5.0.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #12
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by crutledge View Post

The 32bit version runs OK. The manifest is out of sequence and if I change the name of a section in Book Browser, content.opf does not update.
You are seeing the same as I did.

BTW the reason I knew I had the problem: Flightcrew said so
Old 08-06-2011, 09:19 AM   #13
user_none

Quote:
Neither 64bit version will run on Win 7.
I'm trying to figure this one out but I'm not a Windows expert. If it comes down to it I will just release 0.4.0 without a x64 build and keep working on it.

Quote:
The manifest is out of sequence
Checking the OPF spec, "The order of item elements in the manifest is not significant."

Quote:
and if I change the name of a section in Book Browser, content.opf does not update.
Are you just doing a right click rename and you're not seeing the rename in the content.opf?
Old 08-06-2011, 09:29 AM   #14
charleski
Wizard
charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.charleski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Ok, just finished recompiling Qt as 64bit (after having to learn more about qmake than I wanted because the hidden architecture variable doesn't seem to get set properly), so I have a 64bit version working.

I can't see this problem with the manifest getting out of sequence, and I can rename files without any problems. Can you post an example?
charleski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #15
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
FWIW just tried the OS-X version on Snow Leopard. I fed it my chapter-splitting test file, split the chapters, renamed some, added semantics, and built the TOC, re-arranged chapter order, rebuilt the TOC, all without any problems.

The content.opf was updated right before my eyes! And correctly, too.

I only wish I could have wrung out the Linux version, to see if there are any (remaining) KDE issues.

But at least as far as the Apple version goes, things are looking good here.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote