Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-19-2018, 06:22 PM   #121
gilali
Connoisseur
gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: KOBO Libra + H2Ov2 + Aura2
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
Thanks, that's great!

One last test: when you run the attached script, do you see a series of oranges of various intensities, or does it start yellow and drifts towards orange?
I see a series of oranges of various intensities
You're right, the new release does not crash anymore
But touching is not responding well. I see homepage with my ebook list.
And touching seems very slow. I managed to open a book i've touched. But unable to turn pages.
After few seconds, the page is changing, looks like executing my finger taps later, and randomly...
Need to reboot
gilali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 05:08 AM   #122
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gilali View Post
And touching seems very slow.
Debug builds are much slower than release builds.

Please try the attached release build and check that the frontlight is working as expected.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plato-release-0.3.6.zip (2.46 MB, 259 views)
baskerville is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-20-2018, 05:06 PM   #123
gilali
Connoisseur
gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Yes it's faster
but touching is horizontaly inverted
Old 03-21-2018, 05:15 AM   #124
baskerville
Evangelist
baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baskerville ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Touching is horizontaly inverted.
It should be fixed in the attached release.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plato-release2-0.3.6.zip (2.46 MB, 250 views)
Old 03-21-2018, 02:45 PM   #125
libertango
Connoisseur
libertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo clara hd, kobo glo hd, kobo aura h2o, kobo touch, kindle dx
I wonder if there is a way for Plato to look inside the folders that happen to be in the default directory (typical folder has ebook and correspondent cover image file inside)
libertango is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-22-2018, 04:12 AM   #126
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertango View Post
I wonder if there is a way for Plato to look inside the folders that happen to be in the default directory (typical folder has ebook and correspondent cover image file inside)
It should import everything that matches the allowed kinds (cf. settings.json).
Old 03-22-2018, 04:15 AM   #127
baskerville
Evangelist

@gilali: can you confirm that the latest (preview) release works fine (orientation, touch, natural light) on your H₂O 2?
Old 03-22-2018, 04:53 AM   #128
gilali
Connoisseur

Thank you for this release. It works better :
Touching Orientation OK
Natural Frontlight OK

But touching seems to be hold.
For example, when I browse ebooks list, turning pages, I jump directly to the the last page (50) only with few taps (2 or 3 tap)
Old 03-22-2018, 05:48 AM   #129
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
But touching seems to be hold.
For example, when I browse ebooks list, turning pages, I jump directly to the the last page (50) only with few taps (2 or 3 tap)
I've made another test release: I've increased the hold delay (2 s instead of 0.5 s) and I'm logging every event and every raw touch event. If you encounter another unexpected hold, please post the content of info.log.
Attached Files
File Type: zip plato-release3-0.3.6.zip (2.48 MB, 275 views)
Old 03-22-2018, 10:39 AM   #130
gilali
Connoisseur

It's better, but same issue.
Attached Files
File Type: zip info.zip (32.5 KB, 241 views)
Old 03-22-2018, 04:28 PM   #131
libertango
Connoisseur
libertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to beholdlibertango is a marvel to behold

Device: kobo clara hd, kobo glo hd, kobo aura h2o, kobo touch, kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by baskerville View Post
It should import everything that matches the allowed kinds (cf. settings.json).
sorry the answer is not clear to me. I do have a settings.json pointing to the correct directory. What I can see are all the files immediately in it. I don't see the book that are inside their own folder, even if the folder is in the default directory. Thank you for your help I am no coder of course
libertango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 09:23 AM   #132
baskerville
Evangelist

@gilali: Another test build.

Please try the two-finger swipe gestures (horizontal and vertical).
Attached Files
File Type: zip plato-release4-0.3.6.zip (2.48 MB, 262 views)
Old 03-23-2018, 09:44 AM   #133
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by libertango View Post
I do have a settings.json pointing to the correct directory.
Can you share your settings.json?
Old 03-24-2018, 02:52 PM   #134
PleasantKeming
PleasantKeming began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2
Hi Baskerville! Just installed Plato (0.3.6 release with the binary on post #132) on my H2O 2. I must stay it looks pretty beautiful. To me it looks way cleaner and with better UI than KOReader. I think it has the potential to even be a killer app for Kobos. I'm wondering though, is it planned to implement dragging the edges to control the brightness and warmth of the frontlight, like in Nickel? Let me know if there's any shell output, debug log or anything you want me to send you. I am now testing the app with epubs (Neuromancer from the Kobo Store at the moment).
PleasantKeming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 04:19 PM   #135
baskerville
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasantKeming View Post
Just installed Plato (0.3.6 release with the binary on post #132) on my H2O 2.
I must stay it looks pretty beautiful. To me it looks way cleaner and with better UI than KOReader. I think it has the potential to even be a killer app for Kobos.
Thanks, I was starting to get worried because of the absence of response from gilali.

I tried my best to make it wise.

Quote:
I'm wondering though, is it planned to implement dragging the edges to control the brightness and warmth of the frontlight, like in Nickel?
I will add that to the TODO list.

Quote:
Let me know if there's any shell output, debug log or anything you want me to send you.
If there was a problem with the way I'm handling the raw touch events, I guess you would have perceived the effects, but I'd still appreciate if you could perform an horizontal and a vertical two-finger swipe gesture and provide the corresponding info.log.

Quote:
I am now testing the app with epubs (Neuromancer from the Kobo Store at the moment).
Please note that, as I have mentioned in an earlier post, Plato is relying on mupdf to render ePUBs and thus inherits its bugs and limitations.