Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-28-2015, 03:19 PM   #1
Al Adams
eBook Reader Nut
Al Adams began at the beginning.

Device: NookSimple Touch & 5 Android Tablet(s), & Personal Computer...
Angry calibre eBook Viewer - Table of Contents Issue(s)

I Folks: I am Have a Problem with the calibre eBook Viewer - Table of Contents - Is There a Way to Stop the Table of Contents from Popping Out into Its OWN Window, It is a Royal Pain Trying To Get it to Re-Attach This Table of Contents Back as Part of the calibre Main eReader Window - This Concerns the Built-In Reading Window that Launches within the calibre eBook-Management Program - Both the Portable & PC Installed Versions are affected by this Annoyance ... Can I expect a Fix to Disable the Pop-Out The Table of Contents Window Option ???
Al Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 03:41 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Adams View Post
I Folks: I am Have a Problem with the calibre eBook Viewer - Table of Contents - Is There a Way to Stop the Table of Contents from Popping Out into Its OWN Window, It is a Royal Pain Trying To Get it to Re-Attach This Table of Contents Back as Part of the calibre Main eReader Window - This Concerns the Built-In Reading Window that Launches within the calibre eBook-Management Program - Both the Portable & PC Installed Versions are affected by this Annoyance ... Can I expect a Fix to Disable the Pop-Out The Table of Contents Window Option ???
Have you tried double-clicking the titlebar of that window?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:33 PM   #3
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Have you tried double-clicking the titlebar of that window?
Is the Windows version different from the Linux version? Haven't look at my Windows calibre for many months, but the Linux version has a nice little "x" box in the upper right corner. Click and it's gone.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:13 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Is the Windows version different from the Linux version? Haven't look at my Windows calibre for many months, but the Linux version has a nice little "x" box in the upper right corner. Click and it's gone.
I think the OP is trying to get it to stay 'docked'
Clicking the 'x' just hides it (and keeps the 'detached' status).
Docking, the closing should stick

If it does not, then the viewers settings file (viewer.py in the configuration folder) is the problem and needs to be deleted so a clean one will be recreated the next viewer usage

EDIT I forgot, there is also a viewer.json <<< try that first

Last edited by theducks; 06-28-2015 at 06:15 PM. Reason: add
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:45 PM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Click the box next to the X on the undocked TOC, that will dock the TOC.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 02:27 AM   #6
Al Adams
eBook Reader Nut

Hi Folks: Thanks For ALL the Help --- the ducks Person was the Most Help, the double-clicking Works Every Time, I Must have Missed That Hint. I was Thinking that it Popped Out using that Arrow Thingy next to the x-Box Thingy, So I was looking for another thingy to put it back... It Would be Nice to Disable the Pop-Out Table of Contents Completely - I Don't Like Things Moving to Strange Locations on my Desktop Screen.... Thanks Again !!
Old 07-03-2015, 07:10 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please don't capitalise every word - it makes your posts extremely difficult to read .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:06 AM   #8
Al Adams
eBook Reader Nut

Where can I find the eBook You were Proofreading the title was: A Thousand Miles up the Nile by Amelia B. Edwards - where was the copy You were Proofreading sent ??
Old 07-17-2017, 04:00 AM   #9
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
In the library here. See https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=178155

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, ebook, issue, table of contents, viewer