Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 07-10-2010, 07:08 AM   #1
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
YA Fantasy: The Powerless Series!

Hello all! My name's Jason, and I'd like to welcome you to MobileRead page for The Powerless Series. We've been running strong for about six months now, and I've been very lucky to to score lots of great readers, great reviews, and almost 1000 sales for the series. The third book, The Stasis, has just been released, and I'm excited to find out how readers react when the adventures of Mira and her friends become even more perilous. Thank you so much for taking the time to check out my series. I hope you find it to be a wonderfully imaginative experience!

Powerless: The Synthesis

If you love stories in which a heart-stopping discovery changes everything for an ordinary teen, the Powerless series will be one you won’t want to miss. Mira Ipswich couldn't have ever known the startling difference that separates her from the rest of humanity. But when she discovers a strange anomaly in the midst of her seclusion, her parents are forced to reveal she exists in a world where everyone is imbued with a wondrous natural gift. Everyone except herself that is. Accompany this naïve, headstrong girl as she attempts to understand her inconceivable condition, fit in with a vibrant batch of peers, and explore the strange world around her she never knew was there.

Edited by Chuck Wightman, the text is already raking in the awards. It's won the Webb Weaver 2010 Writer's Competitionhttp://tinyurl.com/2vkwcbk, the judges proclaiming they were "entranced by the writer's ability to bring together this unlikely group of kids," and that the book could "be a hit in the YA book world." The story is a roller-coaster ride filled with lots to discover in an ever-expanding world, a diverse set of characters, and their deepest hopes and aspirations. If you like stories with plenty of dramatic twists and spirited intensity, it'll have you falling in love with a brand new series and begging for more!
Book 1 is just 99 cents! Amazon.com, Smashwords, and BN.com

Powerless: The Shadowing

If you were sent out into the world to learn of its evil, what would you expect to find?

In book two of the Powerless series, Mira and her friends must endure a period of apprenticeship, known as The Shadowing. This is their last chance to prepare themselves before they are thrust into the mysterious war, which no one seems to know anything about. While Vern, Aoi, Will, and Roselyn seek out pre-arranged mentors to help them develop their unique magical abilities, Mira—the only one without a power—sets off in search of the brilliant author of her science manuals, Flip Widget, who she learns was the doctor at her birth. For all they have to fear that waits for them in the future, they will find that the troubles they prepare for are much closer at hand than they think.

Amazon.com, Smashwords, and BN.com

Powerless: The Stasis

In book three of the Powerless series, The Stasis, Mira and her friends are assimilated into their nation’s military. As they endeavor to defend their homeland from a ruthless tyrant and his ravenous followers, Mira hopes to find what she has sacrificed so much to reclaim. Their mission becomes that much more difficult when they encounter their military leader, a man obsessed with the power of his position who proves just as life-threatening as their enemies to Mira and her friends.

Danger surrounding them on all sides, this small group of teens is forced to depend upon themselves for survival. They’ve known each other their entire lives, but under these harsh and desperate circumstances their bonds will be tested as never before. Whether struggling to cope with trauma or turning affections into fledgling romances, they will all learn something different about living in the world when every breath could be their last.

Amazon.com, and BN.com

Last edited by foreverjuly; 12-06-2010 at 08:46 PM.
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:18 PM   #2
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2
Is the rest of the series complete?

What forms are available besides pdf?

-Marcy
Marcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 12:27 AM   #3
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcy View Post
Is the rest of the series complete?

What forms are available besides pdf?

-Marcy
Hi Marcy, thanks for asking. There are 5 books in the series, and I'm writing the final one now. The 2nd book in the series is undergoing editing at the moment and should be ready for release in about a month. The others should follow every couple of months after that (hopefully!).

For formats, your best bet is to get it from Amazon for kindle or kindle for iPod/iPad/PC. Otherwise, Smashwords can set you up with epub, LRF, or other formats! Here are links to the two sites:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B003OQUOFI
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/15737

Thanks for giving it a look!
Old 07-11-2010, 11:49 PM   #4
Marcy
Guru
Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marcy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Will you post when the series is completely out?

I dislike reading a book that is part of a series and not being able to then read the next one.

-Marcy
Old 07-12-2010, 12:19 AM   #5
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!

Quote:
Will you post when the series is completely out?

I dislike reading a book that is part of a series and not being able to then read the next one.

-Marcy
Haha I can understand your sentiment. It's nice to be able to run straight through a series. I just did that with Lost. I'm confident I'll be making announcements as the books come out. Are you on goodreads or anything? It might make it easier for you to find out. This is my goodreads profile.

What series have you read recently? I'm just through the first book in Nancy Famer's The Sea of Trolls series. I really enjoyed it!
Old 07-12-2010, 12:47 AM   #6
Marcy
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by foreverjuly View Post
Haha I can understand your sentiment. It's nice to be able to run straight through a series. I just did that with Lost. I'm confident I'll be making announcements as the books come out. Are you on goodreads or anything? It might make it easier for you to find out. This is my goodreads profile.

What series have you read recently? I'm just through the first book in Nancy Famer's The Sea of Trolls series. I really enjoyed it!
I just found the Claudia Hershey series on Smashwords, which I'm enjoying. I'm in the middle of book 2. I flit between series and am also working on the Kathleen Mallory books as well as the Amelia Peabody ones. Plus some miscellaneous non-series books. And Baen finally put up the full version of the newest Jon & Lobo book, Children No More, so I need to read that, as I've been waiting for it.

Sorry you asked??

I looked up the Sea of Trolls series, and it looks interesting. I put it into my Kobo library for future purchase.

-Marcy
Old 07-12-2010, 01:19 AM   #7
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!

Quote:
I just found the Claudia Hershey series on Smashwords, which I'm enjoying. I'm in the middle of book 2. I flit between series and am also working on the Kathleen Mallory books as well as the Amelia Peabody ones. Plus some miscellaneous non-series books. And Baen finally put up the full version of the newest Jon & Lobo book, Children No More, so I need to read that, as I've been waiting for it.

Sorry you asked??

I looked up the Sea of Trolls series, and it looks interesting. I put it into my Kobo library for future purchase.

-Marcy
No, not sorry at all. I'm definitely on the hunt for new good books too, and I'm happy to hear about them wherever I can. I'd never heard of the Kathleen Mallory books, but they look like they could be interesting. A bit different than what I usually read, but you're enjoying them?

I'd say most of what I appreciate about series books is that they chronicle a vast span of time in a character's life. So it's great when you can see some maturity and poise at the end after coming all that way. That's part of what made the Harry Potter series satisfying for me. Even seeing Neville at the end was a great feeling. What draws you to a book series?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:23 AM   #8
Marcy
Guru

I'd never heard of the Kathleen Mallory books either, but am enjoying them. Unfortunately the first in the series is only available on the darknet. I don't know why publishers release a series in ebook without releasing *all* the books.

I found them in a thread in the reading recommendations area on this forum. It's a great place if you're looking for books to read. I've never even posted there, but by reading others' requests I've discovered a lot of great stuff.

I've never read the Harry Potter books. Am I the only one in the world?

I like a series because I can follow a character over more than one book. I don't know what draws me to a particular series, except that I read mainly sci-fi/fantasy and mysteries. What about you?

-Marcy
Old 07-12-2010, 05:46 PM   #9
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!

I don't think we'll ever be able to understand the logic of publishers. It's impenetrable!

Yeah, there do seem to be a lot of great recommendations around. It's nice to be able to eavesdrop and catch a few great books, but I'm glad you decided to share some of your findings here.

Following characters as they grow and struggle through multiple books is great. I love getting to see different sides of characters and get really involved with them. That's one of the main reasons I decided to write a series. The Harry Potter books are marvelous, though I'm sure you're not the only one left in the world. Is this a principled stand or are you just waiting for them to come out in ebook versions? I heard they might be doing that in the near future.
Old 07-17-2010, 06:49 PM   #10
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!

If you're considering this title, I urge you to check out some of the reviews. Here's the one amazon readers found the most helpful:

From Heidi Sutherlin's review: "For me, a truly great Young Adult novel holds an appeal to all ages, not just the young adult audience that it caters too. Maybe this is unrealistic, but I believe that a successful novel in this genre transports a reader to their own childhood, so that they can experience the novel through the eyes of their younger self along with the characters.

Book One of the Powerless series, The Synthesis, does this beautifully.

There are so many things that impressed me about this story. The imagery is lush and expands along with Mira's perception of her world. The characters are flawed, endearing, infuriating at times and very human. They too become more vivid as Mira learns to understand the complex behaviors of her peers. There is tremendous emotional growth as the group of young people move through their last year of schooling."
Old 07-22-2010, 06:03 PM   #11
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!

In case you didn't know, Powerless: The Synthesis is the PERFECT summer read! It's a fun, brisk story with plenty of interesting characters, action, and strange magical stuff. Take your e-reader to the beach and put it in a plastic bag so you can read it. If you get a Ziploc double-seal bag, you could even read it UNDERWATER.

Remember, you get double-points in the "Where's the Most Extreme Place You've Done It?" thread if you're reading POWERLESS!
Old 07-30-2010, 10:08 AM   #12
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!

We've now lowered the price to just 99 cents! Also, it shouldn't be more than a month until we release the second book in the series: The Shadowing!
Old 08-10-2010, 03:41 PM   #13
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!

I'd like to announce that Book 2 of the Powerless series, The Shadowing, will be released the beginning of September! I hope you'll find out what happens to Mira and her friends next in this exciting second episode. We're still putting together drafts of the cover, but I'll go ahead and tease you with the latest one!

Last edited by foreverjuly; 12-06-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:23 PM   #14
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!

I'm pleased to announce that the Powerless series has just passed the 500 sales mark (in exactly 4 months)! Thanks to everyone who has taken a chance on this series and enjoyed it. That's what makes it worth it for me.

And if you haven't heard of it yet, why not take a look and give it a try?
Old 10-11-2010, 04:09 AM   #15
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
I just read and reviewed Jason's second book in the series. You can read my review here. Both books in the series are great reads and I'd recommend them!

(sidenote- Jason, when can we expect the next one? I need to know what happens next!)
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote