Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-17-2010, 02:10 PM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Re: Issue 412 in sigil: Codeview suddenly moves to top of file.

1. After loading a book, open a section and move down in Textview and set the caret.
2. Go to full coveview.
3. Click in Codeview.
4. Click anywhere outside of Sigil and then click back in Codeview.
5. Codeview immediately jumps to the top of file.

Once the section has been opened and Codeview used it doesn't happen again. It is only on the initial opening of a section that this occurs. My procedure is to open a section, goto full codeview and click, click outside of Sigil, click back in Codeview and have the display shift to the top and then go back to Textview to edit.
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:24 PM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Still can't reproduce this, sorry. When I perform your steps, Code View stays right where it is.

On a related note... crutledge, you do realize there's a text box for comments at the bottom of every issue page? There's no need to create a separate thread just to respond to changes to your issues.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2010, 02:53 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
Still can't reproduce this, sorry. When I perform your steps, Code View stays right where it is.

On a related note... crutledge, you do realize there's a text box for comments at the bottom of every issue page? There's no need to create a separate thread just to respond to changes to your issues.
Weird
Similar experience Win XP SP3 32bit

Book view somewhere, click to place caret
Switch to Code view
Click at point I think I want and the View Jumps twoards the top (I don't think it goes all the way to the top)
Repeatable (and annoying ) but since it only seem cosmetic ...

Note: I just tried it again after last night reliable repeatability. Nada..

Last edited by theducks; 06-17-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: note
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I think this is fixed now. But I'm not sure, since I haven't reproduced your exact problem. I have reproduced a similar issue whose root cause I think is the same.
Old 06-25-2010, 06:08 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
I think this is fixed now. But I'm not sure, since I haven't reproduced your exact problem. I have reproduced a similar issue whose root cause I think is the same.
I continue to see the code page go to the top in 2.3 even when I have clicked in the book view.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2010, 07:58 PM   #6
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Sorry, no, still doing this

Quote:
Hi, Valloric:

I have this issue as well. XP, 32-bit. When I am working in CV, if I switch to another active window (for example, an Evernote note for reference), CV scrolls--actually jumps--to the top of the current page. I lose my place all the time. It's not as big an issue as the Teflon Change problem, obviously; but it's pesky, particularly on very long chapters, OR when I'm working in an entire document prior to splitting the chapters.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 09:36 PM   #7
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I continue to see the code page go to the top in 2.3 even when I have clicked in the book view.
And I still can't reproduce this. No matter what I do, it never scrolls to the top. I'll try it on an XP machine tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:24 AM   #8
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
And I still can't reproduce this. No matter what I do, it never scrolls to the top. I'll try it on an XP machine tomorrow.
I can Jing it for you if needed, pls. let me know. Happy to do so if it's remotely helpful.

Plus...aren't you supposed to be away from here for a while? Finals, or vacation or something? Did I see something about that?

Hitch
Old 06-26-2010, 07:25 AM   #9
Valloric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
I can Jing it for you if needed, pls. let me know. Happy to do so if it's remotely helpful.
I know what it looks like, i just can't get it to happen to me on any of my machines. I need to experience it so that I can attach a debugger and see what's causing it.

Quote:
Plus...aren't you supposed to be away from here for a while? Finals, or vacation or something? Did I see something about that?
You saw correctly. I can set aside 10 minute pockets a day to browse the forum (especially in mass transportation), but I don't have the hours to work on the code.

Vacation time in about two weeks. Then I'll be gone for good.
Old 06-26-2010, 08:03 AM   #10
Valloric

Quote:
Do Jing it if you can. Maybe I'm going about it all wrong.
Old 06-26-2010, 04:09 PM   #11
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave

No problemo. I'll whip one together this afternoon and PM it to you.

When you say "gone for good," you mean, WHILE you're on vacation, right? You don't mean, like, gone forever, do you? - Hitch
Old 06-26-2010, 04:30 PM   #12
Valloric

Quote:
When you say "gone for good," you mean, WHILE you're on vacation, right? You don't mean, like, gone forever, do you? - Hitch
Yes Hitch, I meant while on vacation.