Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-21-2006, 09:00 PM   #1
Turtle Woman
Enthusiast
Turtle Woman began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
A new Sony Reader user

Hello mobile readers! I discovered this site when I read about the Sony Reader on Gizmodo (I think) last January and immediately told my husband, "I've discovered my next gadget!" At that time I thought it would come out just in time for Mother's Day, but instead it came out just in time for my birthday. Anyway, I Googled the Reader to find out more information and found MobileRead. I've been lurking ever since, reading about the Iliad and the Reader. None of the misgivings voiced about Sony, DRM, content, etc. discouraged me from buying a Reader and mine arrived yesterday! So far I love it and I've just bought my first books from Connect. Now I'm off to look through the fora for answers to my questions. If I don't find them I'll be posting.
Turtle Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:15 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome "out of the dark," Turtle Woman! There's lots of good info here, though some of it does need digging out.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2006, 02:11 PM   #3
Phebe
Connoisseur
Phebe doesn't litterPhebe doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS 500 and Kindle 2 and iPad and iPhone
Hi, Turtle Woman. The Reader came out in time for my birthday, too. I ordered it on line ---- don't think it's out physically in stores yet.

I thought it would be buggier --- they were clearly racing to make the Christmas market, though I wonder if they have, really. But no problems at all so far and I've bought a lot of books from Connect and am pleased with their offerings and the pricing. (Waaaaaaaaay too pleased.........32 books on the Reader so far, only a few free ones.)

I saw a review in the Wall Street Journal of the Reader and looked it up. I've resisted ALL electronic readers so far but it must have been time for a platform shift in my life (okay, I'm running out of space in the six new barrister bookcases we put together) because I was riveted all afternoon and bought it on the spot. They said it wouldn't come for a MONTH, but it was only two weeks.

I am very well pleased with it. It's a security device --- all those books! Now I don't have to carry several around "just in case."
Phebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 02:54 PM   #4
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Enjoy it and take your time Turtle Woman!
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 04:48 PM   #5
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
We love to see lurkers that convert into visible participants! Glad you decided to post, and welcome to MobileRead!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2006, 07:31 PM   #6
tcv
Addict
tcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enoughtcv will become famous soon enough

Wilkommen
tcv is offline   Reply With Quote