Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 05-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #1
mmsp82
mmsp82 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
PDF on Kindle 2 Help!!!

Hi

I have a kindle 2 and so far I love it... I just got some books on pdf format but I don't know how I can read them in my kindle.

I really appreciate if someone can tell me what to do!
Thanks
mmsp82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 06:53 PM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
The Kindle essentially only reads MOBI ebooks.

If your PDFs are DRM-free (e.g. you can open them in Adobe Reader) then you can convert them to MOBI. One way is to e-mail them to Amazon for conversion, see Transferring Documents and Files to Kindle. Mail to @free.amazon.com to get back the MOBI via email (rather than transferred via whispernet for $0.15 per MB). There are also options on your desktop computer. Windows MobiPocket Reader will import PDFs and convert them to MOBI (output typically in My Documents\My eBooks). Calibre (has its own forum) can do the same.

If the PDFs are secure ebooks (only readable using Adobe Digital Editions), then you will have to first strip the DRM - see Adobe ADEPT DRM for PDF circumvented. It discusses the legal situation with removing DRM as well as how to do it.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert