Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 08-07-2009, 04:10 AM   #31
FBoespflug
Enthusiast
FBoespflug has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FBoespflug has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FBoespflug has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony 505
Smile Bebook? Cybook? Sony? ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Einder View Post
Apologies for my first post being criticism - but the Bebook 1 is about to get an sd-card plugin with wifi.. so as to make sure early adapters are not left out of the wifi loop when the Bebook 2 appears, as that will have wifi..

Personally, I'll wait for the Bebook 2 and see what happens. In principal, I am all for reducing ebook-readers to what they are - ebook-readers. No gadgets, just maximize usability & reading experience for the core purpose of the device. But that is not a black-and-white decision. Wifi does add to the experience, exactly because of the newspaper-argument. If I decide to get a Bebook, and if it has something like a 'wake-on-wifi' option, making sure I can grab the device (or better, leave it in my bag) and go, but still have the latest newspaper - that would add *so* much to the experience. Or imagine subscribing to a book before it is released, and just finding it on your reader one morning. Bliss.

The line is drawn, imho, at a touchscreen. Yes, that is a very useful addition, and if offered both a bebook with and one without, I would have to do some serious thinking about which one to buy. But I don't want to be forced to have a device with touchscreen only because the latest model (Bebook or whatever) is only available with touchscreen. It's an extra, and I want to be able to buy a 'stripped' version.
I'm also new here and is also waiting for the new Bebook or the new Sony.
I still never read from an e-reader, just from a paper-book, that's why I can't make up my mind about this
FBoespflug is offline   Reply With Quote