Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 10:09 AM   #61
GaSoonerGirl
GaSoonerGirl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Her name is Clio, after the Greek Muse of History.

“I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end." - Margaret Thatcher

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” - Eleanor Roosevelt

Last edited by GaSoonerGirl; 03-14-2009 at 10:15 AM.
GaSoonerGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:09 PM   #62
mmc_mac
mmc_mac began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle a la uno
I named mine "Money Pit" simply because with my addiction Im sure I will end up putting quite a bit of money into it....

Hello, My name is Mary and I'm an addict.......(of books)
mmc_mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2009, 11:40 PM   #63
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by busy91 View Post
I've decided on a name. It didn't take as long as I thought.

Bibli Ophelia
Karma to you for that one!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:29 AM   #64
dragonbone
must love dogs
dragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone 32GB 3GS, iPad 64GB WiFi
Casper?
dragonbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 02:34 AM   #65
dragonbone
must love dogs
dragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheesedragonbone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone 32GB 3GS, iPad 64GB WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abelturd View Post
I'm from outside USA so I don't have a Kindle, but my Cybook I call My Precious.
I caress it a lot and I get mad when someone's trying to take it away from me, sometimes so much that I feel like I could follow them over half a continent, just to get it back.
dragonbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2009, 03:57 AM   #66
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've decided that if I had a K1, I would be naming it For Sale and if I had a K2, I would be naming for For Return.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 09:31 AM   #67
busy91
Connoisseur
busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Karma to you for that one!
Thank you darling. Only readers would get that one.
busy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 02:32 PM   #68
srmalloy
Enthusiast
srmalloy began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
Alexandria, of course, my personal Great Library.
In a similar vein, taking into account my preference in reading material, I named mine The Final Encyclopedia, after the repository of all knowledge in Gordon Dickson's later novels in his Childe Cycle.
srmalloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:07 PM   #69
klrodrigues
klrodrigues began at the beginning.

Well this may be slightly embarrassing but my Kindle's name is "Hermione Pandora".... lol
klrodrigues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #70
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Paperweight.
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 05:32 AM   #71
kyliedork
Connoisseur
kyliedork doesn't litterkyliedork doesn't litter

Device: kindle
missy
kyliedork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:04 AM   #72
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
lol at Precious
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:32 PM   #73
Kitten320
Kitten320 is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle2
I so enjoyed seeing what everyone named their Kindles I thought I'd share ours. There are six of us all family members. (four sisters a mom and a son's wife)

We couldnt leave them all named Cynthia's Kindle One and Cynthia's Kindle 2 etc so we went with a play on each person's name and/or occupation or not.

Cyn's Bin
Library Laine
Sharon's Stash
Colleen's Corner
Jackie's Route
Nicole's Scrolls

The five of them (I'm Cyn of Cyn's Bin) got theirs this past weekend and they are wild with delight and buzzing about ALL things Kindle! We all READ big time and will be learning together now. I'm suggesting they all sign up here and join us. Read on!
Cyn
Kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 08:26 AM   #74
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I think the ultimate Kindle name - for a book buying addict - would be WOOT -
as in I Want One Of Those (and those and those and those and those.....)
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 09:20 AM   #75
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
I'm thinking of naming my Kindle DX Pandora.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote