Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-06-2017, 02:11 AM   #1
Equity
Equity began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
content server on...but cant access with megareader...since update

Hi guys,

I tried to read through the forum to see have any one had a similar issue...couldnt see anything so here I go...I have happily been using calibre for the last few years fine. I have the library on my computer and start the content server then grab the books from my phone using mega reader.

I recently updated (was running an older version for ages). Now when I start the content server its no longer appearing in megareader.

I can test teh server and get to it via http://127.0.0.1:8080/mobile in a browser from my computer (not from my phone).

I thought it might be the firewall or AVG anti virus - so ive turned these off - still no success..

I bought the calibre companion app -but that doesn't look like it something i need.

Any ideas? Has megareader stopped working with calibre or??

Last edited by Equity; 07-06-2017 at 02:11 AM. Reason: added detail
Equity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 10:32 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
127 IP's are Special: AKA is Localhost
The Local part means on that machine only

You need to use the machines assigned IP from any other LOCAL LAN device
Local in this case means the same network (router)
click the 'connect icon', if the server is running, it will show the IPort to use on you LAN)

WAN (outside of your LAN, gets tricky)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2017, 11:19 AM   #3
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Backwards incompatibilities

Quote:
The Content server was completely re-written. While we have tried hard to make sure the functionality used by third party programs that connect to calibre remains compatible, there is likely to be some breakage. Also, no changes you have made to any server options will be preserved. For example, if you changed the port from the default of 8080, it will be reset to 8080. You will have to redo the configuration.
You need to set up the server.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 01:26 AM   #4
Equity

Thanks for the reply - id rather not go through the web to access the books, but access the content server through megareader like before...so i wont worry about finding out the IP.

I dont recall changing the port last time - it was years ago tho so who knows. Im not the most tech savy haha. I will give re configuring the server a go.

It seems to be using the standard port 8080....

OPDS feeds advertised via BonJour at: 192.168.1.10 port: 8080
calibre server listening on 0.0.0.0:8080
Failed to send all data in state: State: write_chunk Client: 127.0.0.1:60562 Request: GET /interface-data/books-init?library_id=Calibre&sort=timestamp.desc&149940 5470794 HTTP/1.1 with error: [Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine
calibre server listening on 0.0.0.0:8120
OPDS feeds advertised via BonJour at: 192.168.1.10 port: 8120

Last edited by Equity; 07-07-2017 at 01:36 AM.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:59 PM   #5
Equity

dam :9
Advert
Old 08-07-2017, 02:22 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You appear to be trying to connect to address 127.0.0.1. As already stated, that is the "localhost" address and as such will only work on the computer that the server is actually running on. You need to use the real IP address of your server.

Last edited by HarryT; 08-07-2017 at 03:32 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 11:54 AM   #7
flink
Banned
flink began at the beginning.

Device: Android/Linux/Windows
How to find your IP address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equity View Post
dam :9
Hi,

Here's the way to get that address:

1. On that windows box, go to START, type in CMD and press enter.
2. Enter
cmd

Press enter.

4. When the Command Window opens, type in:
ipconfig /all

Press enter.

5. In the outpput, look for the Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection section.

6. Now, look for the IPv4 Address line. That will have the IP address you're looking for.

Take care.
flink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 01:09 AM   #8
Equity

Thanks guys - previously Megareader would access calibre from the network...and would show up as books able to be downloaded....

I havent changed the IP as i am still wanting to access my library this way - which I cannot do from any device, rather than through the net??

Do you still suggest changing the IP??

Sorry for my frustration - i havent read a book in ages now haha, and this stuff is really beyond me - I appreciate the help
Old 08-11-2017, 06:26 AM   #9
d2produce
d2produce began at the beginning.

Device: Android
Quote:
Thanks guys - previously Megareader would access calibre from the network...and would show up as books able to be downloaded....

I havent changed the IP as i am still wanting to access my library this way - which I cannot do from any device, rather than through the net??

Do you still suggest changing the IP??

Sorry for my frustration - i havent read a book in ages now haha, and this stuff is really beyond me - I appreciate the help
you're not changing the IP you're using the right IP. You're computers IP isn't your Internet Service Provider IP it's safe to use it's still "Local". Just open commant prompt type "ipconfig" to get your IPv4 address. That's the right IP address. and replace the 127.0.0.1 with that number. It should be a 198.168.1.xxx number, at least mine is anyway.
d2produce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 07:35 AM   #10
Equity

Yeah sorry - i have done that and can access my library through the web. However I can no longer see it as a catalogue in megareader which is my initial problem.

Guess if i can get to the library through the ip its broadcasting...must be a mega reader issue.

Man i regret updating haha.
Old 08-25-2017, 07:25 AM   #11
flink
Banned

Please clarify. Are you saying that you can see your library on your local network with a web browser, and that MegaReader is unable to find Calibre using the same IP address?

Quote:
Yeah sorry - i have done that and can access my library through the web. However I can no longer see it as a catalogue in megareader which is my initial problem.

Guess if i can get to the library through the ip its broadcasting...must be a mega reader issue.

Man i regret updating haha.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:03 PM   #12
oheare
oheare began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 5C
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by flink View Post
Please clarify. Are you saying that you can see your library on your local network with a web browser, and that MegaReader is unable to find Calibre using the same IP address?
In my case (which is why I'm here), that is exactly what's happening. I can see Calibre from other devices on my network, I can see it in Safari on my iPhone 5 running IOS 10.3.3, but MegaReader pops up a message that says:

Error Adding Catalog
That doesn't appear to be a valid catalog

I did have Calibre running on the same computer, and it worked fine, until the most recent upgrade.
oheare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 07:22 AM   #13
flink
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oheare View Post
In my case (which is why I'm here), that is exactly what's happening. I can see Calibre from other devices on my network, I can see it in Safari on my iPhone 5 running IOS 10.3.3, but MegaReader pops up a message that says:

Error Adding Catalog
That doesn't appear to be a valid catalog

I did have Calibre running on the same computer, and it worked fine, until the most recent upgrade.

I don't know if it's the same issue, but it is likely. The only advice I've gotten was to use that calibre connect app. I don't think that's a ral solution and it seems odd that none of the readers will acknowledge a Calibre library when pointed to the host's IP address. The network connection medioum should be irrelevant since the network layer is not at play at that level.