Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-16-2017, 08:28 PM   #1
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350; Nook STR; Oasis
Meta-data Download Error

I was adding a book by isbn so I could store the metadata info with my review [no actual file] and when I clicked on "download metadata only" I received this error:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 2.80.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Failed to download metadata: Failed: Download metadata for one book

Starting job: Download metadata for one book
Job: "Download metadata for one book" failed with error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 84, in start_work
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\bulk_download.py", line 251, in download
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 225, in fork_job
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 139, in create_worker
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\launch.py", line 228, in __call__
File "subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
File "subprocess.py", line 958, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Called with args: (set([4409L]), u'C:\\Users\\BOOKST~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calib re_o0bnpg\\g9hzhb_metadata_bulk.log', <calibre.db.legacy.LibraryDatabase object at 0x0000000007720B00>, True, False, frozenset(['authors', 'title'])) {u'notifications': <Queue.Queue instance at 0x0000000008E64808>, u'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x000000000BB9D400>, u'abort': <threading._Event object at 0x000000000BB9D3C8>}

First, Avast had blocked calibre parallel from running, so I uninstalled it. But I still get the above error. Restarted my computer after the Avast uninstall too.

I am running windows10, with Calibre64 2.8.

The book was "The One Kingdom" by Sean Russell with isbn of 9780061862533.

Thank you.
Ravensknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:59 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
I was adding a book by isbn so I could store the metadata info with my review [no actual file] and when I clicked on "download metadata only" I received this error:

Spoiler:
calibre, version 2.80.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Failed to download metadata: Failed: Download metadata for one book

Starting job: Download metadata for one book
Job: "Download metadata for one book" failed with error:
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\threaded_jobs.py", line 84, in start_work
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\bulk_download.py", line 251, in download
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 225, in fork_job
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\simple_worker.py", line 139, in create_worker
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\launch.py", line 228, in __call__
File "subprocess.py", line 710, in __init__
File "subprocess.py", line 958, in _execute_child
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

Called with args: (set([4409L]), u'C:\\Users\\BOOKST~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calib re_o0bnpg\\g9hzhb_metadata_bulk.log', <calibre.db.legacy.LibraryDatabase object at 0x0000000007720B00>, True, False, frozenset(['authors', 'title'])) {u'notifications': <Queue.Queue instance at 0x0000000008E64808>, u'log': <calibre.utils.logging.GUILog object at 0x000000000BB9D400>, u'abort': <threading._Event object at 0x000000000BB9D3C8>}

First, Avast had blocked calibre parallel from running, so I uninstalled it. But I still get the above error. Restarted my computer after the Avast uninstall too.

I am running windows10, with Calibre64 2.8.

The book was "The One Kingdom" by Sean Russell with isbn of 9780061862533.

Thank you.
I added an empty book this is my results using linux mint 18.1

Spoiler:
Code:
Running identify query with parameters: 
{u'authors': None, u'title': None, u'timeout': 30, u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'9780061862533'}} 
Using plugins: Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 14), Goodreads (1, 1, 12), Baen (0, 0, 3) 
The log from individual plugins is below 

****************************** Baen (0, 0, 3) ****************************** 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from Baen took 0.033951997757 
Insufficient metadata to construct query 

******************************************************************************** 

****************************** Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 14) ****************************** 
Found 0 results 
Downloading from Barnes & Noble took 0.0688879489899 
Plugin Barnes & Noble failed
  File "site-packages/calibre/ebooks/metadata/sources/identify.py", line 48, in run
  File "calibre_plugins.barnes_noble.__init__", line 137, in identify
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable 

******************************************************************************** 

****************************** Goodreads (1, 1, 12) ****************************** 
Found 1 results 
Downloading from Goodreads took 0.983851194382 

--- 
Title               : The One Kingdom
Author(s)           : Sean Russell
Publisher           : HarperCollins e-books
Tags                : Fantasy, Science Fiction, War
Series              : The Swan's War #1
Languages           : eng
Rating              : 1.8
Published           : 2001-01-01T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers         : goodreads:10278379, isbn:9780061862533
Comments            : <p>The cataclysm began more than a century earlier, when the King of Ayr died before naming an heir to the throne, and damned his realm to chaos. The cold-blooded conspiracies of the Renne and the Wills--each family desirous of the prize of rule--would sunder the one kingdom, and spawn generations of hatred and discord.  </p>
<p>Now Toren Renne, leader of his great and troubled house, dreams of peace--a valiant desire that has spawned hostility among his kinsmen, and vicious internal plots against his life. In the opposing domain, Elise Wills's desire for freedom is to be crushed, as an unwanted marriage to an ambitious and sinister lord looms large. As always, these machinations of nobles are affecting the everyday lives of the common folk--and feeding a bonfire of animosity that has now trapped an unsuspecting young Valeman Tam and two fortune-hunting friends from the North in its high, killing flames.  </p>
<p>But the closer Toren comes to achieving his great goal of uniting two enemy houses, the more treachery flowers. Nobles and mystics alike conspire to keep the realm divided, knowing that only in times of strife can their power grow.  </p>
<p>And perhaps the source of an unending misery lies before an old king's passing, beyond the scope of history, somewhere lost in a fog of myth and magic roiling about an ancient enchanter named Wyrr--who bequeathed to his children terrible gifts that would poison their lives...and their deaths. It is a cursed past and malevolent sorcery that truly hold the land, its people, and its would-be rulers bound. And before the already savaged kingdom can become one again, all Ayr will drown in a sea of blood.</p> 
Querying: http://www.goodreads.com/search?search_type=books&search[query]=9780061862533
ISBN match location: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10278379-the-one-kingdom'
Goodreads book url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10278379-the-one-kingdom' 

The identify phase took 1.09 seconds 
The longest time (0.983851) was taken by: Goodreads 
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest  publication dates from the worldcat.org service 
We have 1 merged results, merging took: 0.17 seconds

Are you sure you are using the 64 bit calibre?
bernie

P.S.

Try downloading metadata with only goodreads enabled.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2017, 09:13 PM   #3
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider
Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ravensknight ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Bernie,
I just checked and the little info bar in calibre says I'm running 2.8 [64bit], but just to be sure, I am dl'ing 2.81 and installing.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:26 PM   #4
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider

Well, whatever the issue was, installing 2.81 fixed it. I was able to dl the metadata with no problems once I had installed 2.81.

Thank you Bernie for your input.
Old 03-16-2017, 09:29 PM   #5
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
Bernie,
I just checked and the little info bar in calibre says I'm running 2.8 [64bit], but just to be sure, I am dl'ing 2.81 and installing.
My results using my windows 10 tablet calibre 2.81:
Spoiler:
Running identify query with parameters:
{u'title': None, u'identifiers': {u'isbn': u'9780061862533'}, u'authors': None, u'timeout': 30}
Using plugins: Goodreads (1, 1, 12), Baen (0, 0, 3), Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 14), Amazon.com (1, 0, 0)
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** Amazon.com (1, 0, 0) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Amazon.com took 2.492000103
User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12) AppleWebKit/602.1.50 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.0 Safari/602.1.50
Making bing query: https://www.bing.com/search?q=%28978...www.amazon.com
Failed to find any results on results page, with title: (9780061862533 or 978-0061862533) site:www.amazon.com - Bing
No search engine results for terms: (9780061862533 OR 978-0061862533)
No matches found with query: [u'(9780061862533', u'OR', u'978-0061862533)']

************************************************** ******************************

****************************** Goodreads (1, 1, 12) ******************************
Found 1 results
Downloading from Goodreads took 2.84800004959

---
Title : The One Kingdom
Author(s) : Sean Russell
Publisher : HarperCollins e-books
Tags : Fantasy, Science Fiction, War
Series : The Swan's War #1
Languages : eng
Rating : 1.8
Published : 2001-01-01T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers : goodreads:10278379, isbn:9780061862533
Comments : <p>The cataclysm began more than a century earlier, when the King of Ayr died before naming an heir to the throne, and damned his realm to chaos. The cold-blooded conspiracies of the Renne and the Wills--each family desirous of the prize of rule--would sunder the one kingdom, and spawn generations of hatred and discord. </p>
<p>Now Toren Renne, leader of his great and troubled house, dreams of peace--a valiant desire that has spawned hostility among his kinsmen, and vicious internal plots against his life. In the opposing domain, Elise Wills's desire for freedom is to be crushed, as an unwanted marriage to an ambitious and sinister lord looms large. As always, these machinations of nobles are affecting the everyday lives of the common folk--and feeding a bonfire of animosity that has now trapped an unsuspecting young Valeman Tam and two fortune-hunting friends from the North in its high, killing flames. </p>
<p>But the closer Toren comes to achieving his great goal of uniting two enemy houses, the more treachery flowers. Nobles and mystics alike conspire to keep the realm divided, knowing that only in times of strife can their power grow. </p>
<p>And perhaps the source of an unending misery lies before an old king's passing, beyond the scope of history, somewhere lost in a fog of myth and magic roiling about an ancient enchanter named Wyrr--who bequeathed to his children terrible gifts that would poison their lives...and their deaths. It is a cursed past and malevolent sorcery that truly hold the land, its people, and its would-be rulers bound. And before the already savaged kingdom can become one again, all Ayr will drown in a sea of blood.</p>
Querying: http://www.goodreads.com/search?sear...e=books&search[query]=9780061862533
ISBN match location: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10278379-the-one-kingdom'
Goodreads book url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10278379-the-one-kingdom'

************************************************** ******************************

****************************** Barnes & Noble (1, 2, 14) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Barnes & Noble took 1.42199993134
Plugin Barnes & Noble failed
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\identify. py", line 48, in run
File "calibre_plugins.barnes_noble.__init__", line 137, in identify
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

****************************** Baen (0, 0, 3) ******************************
Found 0 results
Downloading from Baen took 1.40100002289
Insufficient metadata to construct query

The identify phase took 2.91 seconds
The longest time (2.848000) was taken by: Goodreads
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the worldcat.org service
We have 1 merged results, merging took: 0.29 seconds

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2017, 02:26 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Re-install calibre. It looks like something has deleted the calibre worker process, most likely an antivirus program
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:23 AM   #7
Ravensknight
Serpent Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Re-install calibre. It looks like something has deleted the calibre worker process, most likely an antivirus program
Ok, so Avast removed that, not just blocked it from connecting to the internet.
That is good to know and I won't be re-installing it.