Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 08-04-2008, 12:10 PM   #1
mhazelton
mhazelton began at the beginning.

Device: EB1150
First Reader. Just bought a EB1150

Hi all. After reading the wonderful reviews on this site for the EB1150, I purchased one yesterday. It should be here any day now.

My question is, are there any other sites for me to purchase ebooks for this reader besides ebookwise.com? And if there are, will I most likely need to convert them? Is it difficult to do so? I am kind of a novice at these sorts of things, but I am willing to learn.

Thanks so much for your input and help.

Last edited by mhazelton; 08-04-2008 at 12:11 PM. Reason: spelling
mhazelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 12:17 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
hi mhazelton !
i have an eb1150 too and i love it ; in my opinion it has the best ergonomy of all the devices available currently.

i'm honestly not sure how easy it is to buy books in the .imp format ; i specifically avoid that, because i am worried about losing access to them if my eb1150 ever breaks or i switch to a different device.

however, luckily there are a lot of really great tools available here (and experts to help you use them, including sometimes the creator of the tool in person, like nrapallo) which will make converting from other formats really simple and fast, even if you don't know much about computers. i personally have had good success converting from .lit format (including with DRM) and from mobipocket format. take a look around the forums and you'll find plenty of information about how to do that in the simplest way, and don't hesitate to ask questions if you get stuck, we have a lot of very friendly and helpful experts around here.

also, don't miss the free ebooks available on this site ; there is quite a large selection already in .imp format so you won't have to do anything but load it up and start reading. just click the "e-books" link in the blue bar at the top of the page.

happy reading !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhazelton View Post
Hi all. After reading the wonderful reviews on this site for the EB1150, I purchased one yesterday. It should be here any day now.

My question is, are there any other sites for me to purchase ebooks for this reader besides ebookwise.com? And if there are, will I most likely need to convert them? Is it difficult to do so? I am kind of a novice at these sorts of things, but I am willing to learn.

Thanks so much for your input and help.
There are quite a few sites selling or providing free IMP files. Check the wiki for a list of eBook stores and search for IMP format. Fictionwise owns eBookwise and all books purchased at Fictionwise will automatically also show up on your eBookwise online bookshelf.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:39 AM   #4
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Fictionwise

I purchase most of my books through Fictionwise.com

It has a multiformat option that includes .imp file type, as well as several other downloadable types.

I am currently downloading microsoft .lit files for my secure files and then converting them over to .imp style. Though this last one I bought had issues converting *mutters*

When in doubt you can always download a .txt or .html file and convert them over.

It is worth it to buy the ebookwise librarian software, though IMO it should come with the device! I find it helpful since I have a good number of books that are from Project Gutenberg etc.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eb1150