Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-16-2013, 12:26 PM   #61
Haldir
Haldir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Aura HD
I chatted to another Customer rep today.
He wrote: "All pre-orders of the new Kobo Aura started shipping on September 11,2013. The shipping process takes 10 to 14 days."
After asking why I haven't received a tracking number yet he wrote: "Your order is processing. You have not received an email notification for the tracking number, because it has not been shipped yet."

His answer kinda conflicts with the answer I received previously. Considering that I have preordered End of August and my order number is below 6100000050 (I imagine I'm in the first 50 preorders), I can hardly believe any preorder shipping on Sept. 11th.
Haldir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #62
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The device is supposed to be available on the 19th, from what I can tell. I would not be surprised to see some preorders shipping very soon, but probably not before the FW for them is ready as devices shipped to Toronto can arrive the day they are released. We are, btw, still getting betas. We got one last night.

Last edited by taming; 09-16-2013 at 01:09 PM. Reason: spellchecking
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2013, 01:13 PM   #63
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch, Aura, Clara ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by poet View Post
This past Thurs. Sept. 12, I received another invoice e-mail, and the next day the charge came back and actually went through.
Yep.
Several of us have commented on the appearance / disappearance of the "pending" charge. The first appearance was probably a check to see if the card was good for that amount (instead of using the usual $1 temporary/test amount).

This morning, my "Pending" charge changed to "Posted", with a "Posted" date of Sep 12, 2013. So, hopefully, the box went in the mail last Thursday. (No tracking info, yet).

FYI, the Kobo Aura is now shown in Wikipedia ... but they also show it as "Discontinued"! Guess somebody has to change that (hopefully they do not know something we do not know)
TheBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #64
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer
TheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseTheBard juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
my order number is below 6100000050 (I imagine I'm in the first 50 preorders).
Interesting.
My order number has 9 digits, and starts with "1". (Order placed on August 28, 2013)
Your order number has 10 digits.
Maybe the "6" was a prefix to indicate something?

For those that might have skipped over earlier posts, here is a snippet from the Kobo preorder page, made at the time I ordered the Aura:
Quote:
Pre-Orders begin shipping on September 11, 2013. Your credit card will be charged upon shipment, accompanied by a confirmation email.
Although one of the Kobo pages still shows "preorder", the actual ordering page now shows "Availability: In Stock".
Old 09-16-2013, 01:34 PM   #65
TheBard
Bifocal Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
We are, btw, still getting betas. We got one last night.
Oh oh ... so your surmise about the 19th may be correct ... or ... Kobo will issue an online firmware update VERY soon after the Aura is delivered!

At best, we seem to have conflicting evidence about the ship dates.
Advert
Old 09-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #66
Haldir
Haldir began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBard View Post
Interesting.
My order number has 9 digits, and starts with "1". (Order placed on August 28, 2013)
Your order number has 10 digits.
Maybe the "6" was a prefix to indicate something?
I guess the 6 is prefix for UK.
Haldir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 02:59 PM   #67
selina4books
Addict
selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.selina4books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura, Mini, Glo, & Aura HD, KPW, Nook Glow, Nook HD
I think the whole credit card charge/pending/falling off thing is a mystery that extends beyond Kobo. I ordered an iPad Mini directly from Apple for my hubby last week. It's already shipped, I have tracking, it will be here Thursday...but the charge on the card went from pending to charged to completely gone this morning. Who knows what those computers are doing behind our backs? I didn't preorder the Aura until the second day but I really expected it to be shipped by now.

Edited to fix typo because my iPad Mini skips letters from time to time. It's not MY typing, no siree!
selina4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #68
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
This seems strange, the new Kobo Aura is listed as in stock in the UK

http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/ko...oduct/36787081

Last edited by Josieb1; 09-16-2013 at 03:45 PM.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #69
Rob2246
Enthusiast
Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob2246 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle,nook ,ipad,kobo
Out of stock on the Kobo website..
Rob2246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #70
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
I saw a tweet reference this last night keep in mind that it's twitter so totally unconfirmed anyone can write anything

Quote:
Matthew Ziltener @ziltener
Confirmed w/ @kobo that Aura shipping is delayed. Units appear over-sold and will ship when avail. So much for pre-order. Back to Amazon?
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 10:10 PM   #71
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I have no idea if the brief time it showed as being in stock was units left AFTER accounting for all the preorders or not.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 01:08 AM   #72
crochetgeek2010
Enthusiast
crochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy bluecrochetgeek2010 can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Aura HD
FYI the website is sold out:-( However here in the US you may want to check with your local indie book seller. Mine has said they are in stock and is getting me one.

Laura
the soon to be aura reader
crochetgeek2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 03:53 AM   #73
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
same story in the UK: the "pre-order now" button has changed to "buy now", but when you go to the buy page, it is out of stock. Interestingly, WH Smith , the usual reseller of Kobo devices in the UK, has the black Aura for sale and in stock:

(it does take a while to find it, as their webpage is a bit of a mess)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:58 AM   #74
Mercador
I'm not a number!
Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.Mercador can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
It's available at Futureshop for those who stay in Canada.

Now I would like to cancel my preorder
Mercador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #75
gargoyle67
Addict
gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.gargoyle67 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
This seems strange, the new Kobo Aura is listed as in stock in the UK

>Ordered
gargoyle67 is offline   Reply With Quote