Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-29-2013, 12:05 AM   #1
damaru
Enthusiast
damaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: kindle
switching between 2 images

Hi there,

I am trying to display 2 alternating image. I was thinking of some sort of 'screensaver' hack that switch between 2 images, or an auto start an image viewer and let the kindle to sleep back... Can the kindle turn on Automatically? I mean via a script while 'sleeping'?

If not the kindlet way could be the way to go, loading 2 images and alternating between both...

Any creative idea on this?
damaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:40 AM   #2
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
maybe you can use eips to show the images and prevent screensaver to avoid going to sleep!
It would be easy to switch between images with a loop and eips inside a shell script!!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2013, 12:59 PM   #3
damaru
Enthusiast
damaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animalsdamaru is kind to children and small, furry animals

eips?
Old 08-29-2013, 01:10 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by damaru View Post
eips?
Yes: eips
Try the 'search' function in the upper right corner of the page here.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #5
damaru
Enthusiast

I guess I am used to irc where you can actually ask question without the infamous just google it stupid..

edit: I see from reading other post that you're usually that sour... good to know
Advert
Old 08-29-2013, 02:08 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
I guess I am used to irc where you can actually ask question without the infamous just google it stupid..

edit: I see from reading other post that you're usually that sour... good to know
I and many other people have spent uncounted hours to make finding answers as easy as possible here.

If you read "'just google it stupid" in my description of one of the ways to find the answer on your own, that is not what I wrote nor what I intended.

And if you do as I described, you will find a long list of posts here to answer your:
"epis?" question.
I made sure to check it, before giving you that advice.

Last edited by knc1; 08-29-2013 at 02:11 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #7
damaru
Enthusiast

For sure I see that you've have tons of post here, and I am very grateful for that, I generally don't understand why people take the time to say "just search for it" instead of just not saying anything, or just posting the link.

Anyhow ~ eips is exactly what I was looking for
Old 08-29-2013, 02:41 PM   #8
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
For sure I see that you've have tons of post here, and I am very grateful for that, I generally don't understand why people take the time to say "just search for it" instead of just not saying anything, or just posting the link.
... because they want to help you by giving you a keyword that they know is easy to look up. But they still want to encourage you to look it up yourself, because looking it up may actually return multiple useful results, or more context.

... and because, in the long run, teaching a man how to fish is better than just giving him a fish.

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:24 AM   #9
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
I prefer:
Give a man a match and he'll be warmed for a minute.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

(Maybe that's just the pyromaniac in me).
But fishing works well too I'm sure.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 05:42 AM   #10
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Based on where this thread is going lately, this is a bit off-topic
Is eisp really restricted to (IIRC) bmp and jpg images as per man command?
Old 08-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Nope, it handles 8-bit PNG (with the -f -g switches), too, as was said on IRC .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 04:47 PM   #12
silver18
THE NOOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Nope, it handles 8-bit PNG (with the -f -g switches), too, as was said on IRC .
Thanks, true!
Old 09-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #13
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
maybe you can use eips to show the images

eips -g [image path] -x 600 -y 800

freezes the kindle.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:04 AM   #14
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
eips -g [image path] -x 600 -y 800

freezes the kindle.
8-bit PNG (with the -f -g switches) ?
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #15
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
8-bit PNG (with the -f -g switches) ?
I don't know about 8-bit, it was bg_xsmall_ss00.png. I added a -f and it changed nothing.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote