Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #16
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
I probably stretched the truth a bit.
It depends on how closely they watch links to those download sites.
Well I'd like to see them predict what I'll have for breakfast tomorrow with that information.

Last edited by Titano; 07-22-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Titano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:04 PM   #17
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Device: kindle touch
Lightbulb got screenshots

Finally i got the screenshots!

For those with the same problem saving images on draw tool you can make a screenshot inside the tool by ;

Pressing home for 2 seconds and with [home] still pressed, click/tap on a free space [or the existing save button]of the toolīs toolbar on the screen for about 1 second, then with home still pressed after 1 sec of the tap, click/tap again on a free space of toolbar mateinning both pressed, THEN RELEASE THE HOME BUTTON but with the free space still clicked/tapped.

This should do the work without getting out of Draw Tool every time you press home - what , avoid you from taking the needed shot.

As usual the screenshots go to /mnt/us and you can check out with that worked , by launching xterm and typing "cd /mnt/us" , ands after "ls" what will list the files on /mnt/us and youll can check with you got a succesful screenshot before plug-in-plug-out the kindle to PC .

"clear" to clear screen
"exit" to get ou xterm

At this moment Icant see the screenshots directly from inside kindle because imgviewr just dont launch for me .

Best wishes!
TulseLuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2012, 12:43 PM   #18
TulseLuper
Connoisseur
TulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with othersTulseLuper plays well with others

Talking some tests

Some screenshot tests from draw tool
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-07-22T18_42_28-0257.gif
Views:	322
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	89603   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-07-23T00_46_29-0257.gif
Views:	317
Size:	149.7 KB
ID:	89604   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-07-23T01_46_40-0257.gif
Views:	349
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	89605   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-07-23T02_45_25-0257.gif
Views:	306
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	89606   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-07-23T02_55_59-0257.gif
Views:	321
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	89607  
Old 07-23-2012, 02:01 PM   #19
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

screenshots automatically to /mnt/us/images

Please guys, thereīs some way to get the screenshots automatically sent to /mnt/us/images ?

I have just managed to get image viewer on laucher

- yes , itīs silly , but I couldnīt realize how to make an entry for it on laucher until now [ Witch I did by adding an entry by text editor on hidden features .json ] -

Can somebody help ? Sometimes things get really messy around here...

Thanks !
Old 07-23-2012, 02:59 PM   #20
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by TulseLuper View Post
Please guys, thereīs some way to get the screenshots automatically sent to /mnt/us/images ?

I have just managed to get image viewer on laucher

- yes , itīs silly , but I couldnīt realize how to make an entry for it on laucher until now [ Witch I did by adding an entry by text editor on hidden features .json ] -

Can somebody help ? Sometimes things get really messy around here...

Thanks !
Maybe someone could write this as a .sh for me ?

Itīs stupid but I canīt realize how to make it right.

"mv /mnt/us/*.gif /mnt/us/images/screenshot"

All I know is that the command works on xterm...

Thanks!
Advert
Old 07-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #21
Titano
Definitely not King Kong
Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.Titano never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Quote:
Maybe someone could write this as a .sh for me ?

Itīs stupid but I canīt realize how to make it right.

"mv /mnt/us/*.gif /mnt/us/images/screenshot"

All I know is that the command works on xterm...

Thanks!
Here this should down what you ask. If you want me to add it to your launcher just ask.

Quote:
#!/bin/sh
mv /mnt/us/*.gif /mnt/us/Images/ -f
By the way those images look great!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #22
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

thanks Titano ,

well , see what I tried ;

opened the notepad and pasted "#!/bin/sh
mv /mnt/us/*.gif /mnt/us/Images/ -f " inside the file and saved it as move.sh

this supposed to work like that ?

because here it didnīt...

how should I proceed ?
Old 07-23-2012, 05:43 PM   #23
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
That must be on two lines, not one.
The text file line endings **must be** "Unix" (lf).
Don't let any of the software (such as Notepad) add a hidden .txt to the filename.

Your file should look like:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
mv /mnt/us/*.gif /mnt/us/Images/ -f
Those quote characters, if present in the file, mean something different to the shell program than to a person.

Last edited by knc1; 07-23-2012 at 05:49 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 05:53 PM   #24
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
thanks Titano ,

well , see what I tried ;

opened the notepad and pasted "#!/bin/sh
mv /mnt/us/*.gif /mnt/us/Images/ -f " inside the file and saved it as move.sh

this supposed to work like that ?

because here it didnīt...

how should I proceed ?
If you put that text in an sh and run it it should work if you want to run it from the launcher add this line to a menu.json. (Don't forget to change the priority)
Quote:
{"name": "Move Screenshots to Images", "priority": 3, "action": "mv /mnt/us/*.gif /mnt/us/Images/ -f "},
You can also just run this from xterm or usbnetwork hack.
Quote:
mv /mnt/us/*.gif /mnt/us/Images/
P.S. - I think this is a good idea to have because I like to view my screenshots without having to plug my kindle so I'm adding it to my launcher collection but first making an installer script because of komic (you have to add a line to /var/local/appreg.db or it won't work). If you just want to wait till later today, then I will upload a collection with this inside (kind of busy right now).
Old 07-23-2012, 06:09 PM   #25
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

Great !

Iīll just give a last try at this hint ,

But sure, as soon as you update it Iīll give try.

See ya ! And really thanks you and everybody !
Old 07-23-2012, 06:17 PM   #26
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

Well, think Iīll wait till later, tried all methods and all give me issues with permissions , or no existence of the folder - that exists ... - but great ! Really apreciate!
Old 07-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #27
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Well, think Iīll wait till later, tried all methods and all give me issues with permissions , or no existence of the folder - that exists ... - but great ! Really apreciate!
Forgive me, but do you have a Image folder on your kindle.... You need to have one in-order to copy files there..... My script will test to see if it's there (if -f, then, else) so you can wait till then or make a folder called Images. Again sorry if it seems like a stupid question but it is kind of important.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:49 PM   #28
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

No problem at all ,

I even tough on saying back that I have those folder but itought it would be sillier ... hehehe

Yes ,

I have /mnt/us/images and mnt/us/images/screenshot

and even then it wonīt work

[ I read that making subfolder inside images we can scroll down without having to click back every image. - works great , appear as a "collection" ]

also, as sad ,

in xterm , when i call "mv /mnt/us/*.gif /mnt/us/images" it works great ; but it's a pain going term every time , right ?
Old 07-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #29
TulseLuper
Connoisseur

Titano ;

other things ,

as debug from collections.zip on topic ;

Everything except games [ i donīt get even the games menu on launcher ], works right for me direct from launcher

But when I call then trough xterm they tend come up - havenīt tested all games...

Seems comics is running aswell but i havent truly used it .

All the rest works well .

hope it can help somehow
Old 07-23-2012, 07:04 PM   #30
Titano
Definitely not King Kong

Quote:
Titano ;

other things ,

as debug from collections.zip on topic ;

Everything except games [ i donīt get even the games menu on launcher ], works right for me direct from launcher

But when I call then trough xterm they tend come up - havenīt tested all games...

Seems comics is running aswell but i havent truly used it .

All the rest works well .

hope it can help somehow
Hmm.... I'll take a look into games.... Can you check if you have anything else that has a priority of two on your launcher for me? Please.....

P.S. - Names on linux are case sensitive. It has to be "Images" not "images".

Last edited by Titano; 07-24-2012 at 02:11 AM.

Tags
apps, collection, gui launcher, launcher add-ons, organisation