Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 02:59 PM   #1
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Talking Italian ebooks Ready, Set, Go!

Hi everybody,
especially who can read Italian.

To day IBS, the major internet distributor in Italy of books, dvd, cd, mp3 has started to sell ebooks. Italian ebooks that is.

Not many, although they promise to have 2000 in June.

This is the third step that started with Mondadori, yesterday with the new company Edigita and to day with the announcement by IBS.

I checked and I saw for 5 euro "I Visigoti e la rinascita culturale del secolo VII. In Italian yuppie! epub with ADE. I will buy it.

For me and for us Italian this is a major breakthrough. God bless English books and old time classics, but being able to read something new on our beloved ereader, that's something.
Also, let me say this, our books, both in narrative and not, are quite interesting.

Last edited by beppe; 05-13-2010 at 11:02 PM.
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 05:00 PM   #2
SecondoMe
SecondoMe is on a distinguished road

Device: iLiad, DR1000, Cybook, BeBook
Hi Beppe,
just to tell that we at Simplicissimus Book Farm are proud to supply IBS with the Italian ebooks available via our distribution platform SBF STEALTH!

We're very happy to say hello to the Italian ebook age!
SecondoMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:17 PM   #3
SameOldStory
My True Self
SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameOldStory ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2 7.0
Hi Joseph.

Although not of Italian decent I spent much of my youth in an Italian (mostly) community in New York.

Many of my friends had parents directly from Italy and you remind me of them (the parents). Except that you look like Clark Gable. I suspect that you must be from the northern parts of Italia. Possibly the Po Valley area.

At any rate what caught my attention was the Edigita link.

At the top of the article is the word ASCOLTA. Clicking on it will read the article in Italian. It sounded great.

Not that I understood a word of it. I only studied one year of French in high school. (I realy wanted to take Latin, but they canceled it. And Italian was full up)

I'm very happy that Italy will have its own ebooks.

Congratulazioni Italia
SameOldStory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:39 PM   #4
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi Beppe

thanks for the posting. Now, my Italian is way way basic - but I would be interested in expanding it with the help of books. eBooks might be the way to go (although I am still working on 'il nome della rosa' but should get that finished in the next 10 years or so :-)

The ISP link however doesn't open for me any bookstore - have you got another link?
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:09 PM   #5
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
The ISP link however doesn't open for me any bookstore - have you got another link?
Vielen Dank dear Katti,

i did not open because Ich habe mich geirrt. Jetzt funktioniert es. Ich habe versucht!

This is not me, but Google. Ciaooo

Last edited by beppe; 05-13-2010 at 11:28 PM.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:28 PM   #6
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
Hi Joseph.

Although not of Italian decent I spent much of my youth in an Italian (mostly) community in New York.

Many of my friends had parents directly from Italy and you remind me of them (the parents). Except that you look like Clark Gable. I suspect that you must be from the northern parts of Italia. Possibly the Po Valley area.

At any rate what caught my attention was the Edigita link.

At the top of the article is the word ASCOLTA. Clicking on it will read the article in Italian. It sounded great.

Not that I understood a word of it. I only studied one year of French in high school. (I realy wanted to take Latin, but they canceled it. And Italian was full up)

I'm very happy that Italy will have its own ebooks.

Congratulazioni Italia
Hello inhabitant of The Galctic Center,
Thank you for the kind words. You must have very sharp eyes. I do indeed look like old Clark Gable. Exactly in the measure of 66%. How so? Just click here and you will find out. This is a life of clicks.

And again your eagle eyes did not fail you. I am proud to be from North West Lombardy, which is exactly on the northern slopes of the Po valley.
Ciao ciao
Old 05-14-2010, 01:47 AM   #7
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameOldStory View Post
Hi Joseph.

I only studied one year of French in high school. (I realy wanted to take Latin, but they canceled it. And Italian was full up)
Just a little curiosity, oh Marcus Antonius Gordianus Pius,

That coin you have, do you jump it in your hand while reading?

an other one, if I may ask

Did you ever tried fencing with a foil? or owned one?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by beppe; 05-14-2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old 05-14-2010, 01:25 PM   #8
Bookster
Maniac
Bookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enough

Device: Gen3 PRS505&600 Kindle2 Pocketbook360&302 BeBookmini Onyx Boox Opus
Yay, a miracle. And a ruin for my finances! I knew there's something sold by Franco Angeli (scientific texts), by the way, if there are other Italians around (or Italian-speakers)

(the site is still in beta... möves, come si dice da noi!)

Last edited by Bookster; 05-14-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Bookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:23 PM   #9
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookster View Post

(the site is still in beta... möves, come si dice da noi!)
Ieri funzionava. Intanto l'hanno messo in marcia. Ho visto che hanno la coscienza di Zeno e rileggerlo su ereader è un godere. Con tutti quei readers sei un pro?
Te set un milanes?

Last edited by beppe; 05-14-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #10
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post

Did you ever tried fencing with a foil? or owned one?
Actually I did - for about 14 years. Made it up to the qualifications for European Championship when my knees decided they had enough and needed major surgery. I was devastated at the time. I fenced in the time when ladies were only allowed foils.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #11
Katti's Cat
Wizard

Quote:
Vielen Dank dear Katti,

i did not open because Ich habe mich geirrt. Jetzt funktioniert es. Ich habe versucht!

This is not me, but Google. Ciaooo
Of course it's Google
Old 05-16-2010, 02:43 AM   #12
Bookster
Maniac
Bookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enoughBookster will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Ieri funzionava. Intanto l'hanno messo in marcia. Ho visto che hanno la coscienza di Zeno e rileggerlo su ereader è un godere. Con tutti quei readers sei un pro?
Te set un milanes?
Una più che pro sono maniaca

Spero che l'offerta diventi un po' più ampia, intanto. 2000 per giugno? Inizio a ingrassare il porcellino salvadanaio
Old 05-16-2010, 02:50 AM   #13
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Una più che pro sono maniaca

Spero che l'offerta diventi un po' più ampia, intanto. 2000 per giugno? Inizio a ingrassare il porcellino salvadanaio
Tusa o sciura ? se te ingrasset el purscèl te set una tusa. O una sciura ecunomica.

Beccati sto carma
Old 05-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #14
Bookster
Maniac

Quote:
Tusa o sciura ? se te ingrasset el purscèl te set una tusa. O una sciura ecunomica.

Beccati sto carma
Danke per il Karma sono un po' vecchierella per essere una tusa. Ecunomica sì, quando voglio
Old 05-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #15
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Danke per il Karma sono un po' vecchierella per essere una tusa. Ecunomica sì, quando voglio
Simpaticissima. Scusa il tono sciocchino. Adesso lo porto a livello.

Buonassera Signora,
Sono felice di fare la sua conoscenza.