Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-15-2006, 02:52 AM   #1
lhl
Webmonkey
lhl began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad
Minimo

I've been running a few tests on the Minimo setup on 2.4 (Minimo v0.009)

* The page doesn't refresh automatically at all for me. Anyone figure out a way to make it automatically refresh? Right now I'm alternately flipping up and down on the pages or pulling the keyboard out when I want to see what's happened

* about: is severely restricted (about:config, buildconfig, etc don't work [but do on the build of Minimo I'm running on a WinCE device)

* Testing JS performances against js_opts, it's about 10-50x slower than my desktop; about the same magnitude of speed as my WinCE device, which runs w/ an Intel PXA 270 416 MHz (ARM XScale)

* No keyboard shortcuts seem to work for navigation. I wrote some scripts to test events though:
* Stylus registers as mouse button 0
* neither the page turns or arrows register key/charCodes
* Select is a carriage return (keyCode 13)
* If you hold up and down, you get keyCode 115 and 114 respectively (F4 and F3)

That's about all I'm going to get done tonight. Would love to hear if anyone's done much w/ Minimo - especially if there's some way to get it to refresh better (is this fixed in 2.5?)
lhl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 07:15 AM   #2
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhl
I've been running a few tests on the Minimo setup on 2.4 (Minimo v0.009)

* The page doesn't refresh automatically at all for me. Anyone figure out a way to make it automatically refresh? Right now I'm alternately flipping up and down on the pages or pulling the keyboard out when I want to see what's happened
It is possible to use a command line utility, DisplayMgrClient, to set a regular refresh rate of 2 seconds. Very anoying.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote