Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 04:40 PM   #406
Shack70
Guru
Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shack70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 10", Honor 8 Android Phone
Amazon has some premium apps for free right now including Office Suite Pro and Tunein Radio Pro

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nav_sap_...n%3A2350149011
Shack70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #407
night_reader
night_reader began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shack70 View Post
Amazon has some premium apps for free right now including Office Suite Pro and Tunein Radio Pro

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nav_sap_...n%3A2350149011
Kinda new here, how much apps do usually cost? I see on the link you just posted that the Office apps is usually 15$, thats a lot ! I was thinking about an average of 0.99$, it it realistic for mainsteam apps?

Last edited by night_reader; 01-11-2013 at 05:12 PM.
night_reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #408
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
Yes most apps are 0.99 to 1.99 each
Most of the Free Apps of the Day are not very good but every so often a gem comes along and is a must have
keep checking it every day after 12am midnite

Apps / Store
the Free app of the day will be shown in the top left corner in the white area
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #409
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
keep checking it every day after 12am midnite
They must be on the west coast cause it shows up at 2am Chicago time.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:15 AM   #410
fallenkitsune
fallenkitsune began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch - no ads and Kindle Fire 7in HD
I have a question about the kindle fire that i'm hoping you can help me with. I'm thinking of buying a refurbished kindle fire 8gb non hd from bestbuy and was wondering if there was some way i can use skype on it?
fallenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:12 AM   #411
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenkitsune View Post
I have a question about the kindle fire that i'm hoping you can help me with. I'm thinking of buying a refurbished kindle fire 8gb non hd from bestbuy and was wondering if there was some way i can use skype on it?
Welcome to the forum. No, I don't think the KF has a built in webcam. You'll need the HD for this.

Last edited by orlok; 02-19-2013 at 07:29 AM. Reason: Corrected my response
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #412
fallenkitsune
fallenkitsune began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch - no ads and Kindle Fire 7in HD
Thank you and dang. All i use is the instant messaging part of the program. Can you recommend another program that will let me use my skype log in? If i had the extra funds i'd happily get the HD fire but i just dont have it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Welcome to the forum. No, I don't think the KF has a built in webcam. You'll need the HD for this.
fallenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:42 AM   #413
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallenkitsune View Post
Thank you and dang. All i use is the instant messaging part of the program. Can you recommend another program that will let me use my skype log in? If i had the extra funds i'd happily get the HD fire but i just dont have it.
There are several Skype-compatible text messaging apps. I just started using this one:
http://www.amazon.com/imo-im-imo-Mes...dp/B0052AZJV8/

ApK
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #414
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

"My Kindle Wallpaper" is a MUST have app if you want to change the pictures on your lockscreen on your KF. It works great on my 1st Gen KF.

I do still see the Amazon built in pix a split second before it changes it to the pix I have on my wallpaper folder.
You can pick just 1 pix or have it rotate them around by just adding a bunch of cool pix to a folder on your fire and have it look at that folder for the wallpaper pix.

Its not available at the Amazon store so you will have to sideload it from the Google Play store:
(Hopefully you have an Android cell phone to allow you access to the store)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...LmNoYW5nZXIiXQ..
Old 03-01-2013, 09:07 AM   #415
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I have been using this one^^ for six months
yes it is a great app.
Anabran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:17 AM   #416
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT
Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anabran ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Apologies if this has been discussed as it did not turn up in my thread search results.

but I just sideloaded "Glove box" on my First gen KF( running Go launcher EX)

It is an application switcher/multitasker that has a little MAC OS style application "dock" that enables me pull to it from the Bezel edge and Switch between apps without having to go to the home screen to access another app.
it has completely changed my user Experience!!!
Old 03-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #417
iPatty
Zealot
iPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura aboutiPatty has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle2 KFHD 7, Galaxy 10.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
Apologies if this has been discussed as it did not turn up in my thread search results.

but I just sideloaded "Glove box" on my First gen KF( running Go launcher EX)

It is an application switcher/multitasker that has a little MAC OS style application "dock" that enables me pull to it from the Bezel edge and Switch between apps without having to go to the home screen to access another app.
it has completely changed my user Experience!!!
Well, I think I have to try that. Thanks!
iPatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #418
salsaguy
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anabran View Post
I have been using this one^^ for six months
yes it is a great app.
Regarding My Kindle Wallpaper app...
Did you have any issues with it? Lately I have noticed that it seems to stick to the last few pix I added to my wallpaper folder and never shows the earlier pix I put into the folder. I have about 10-15 pix in my folder.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #419
Anabran
GUNDAM PILOT

Actually I dont use Multiple images I use the same one
all the time so no issues to report here

Cheers
Old 03-16-2013, 03:03 PM   #420
iReaderReview
Banned
iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.iReaderReview knows who John Galt is.

Device: kindle 2
I'll add some picks

1) Ice Age Village.

2) Shine Runner. Very fun game.

3) Ski Safari. Not sure if they added the latest levels yet in the Kindle Fire version. But this app is really good.

4) Dolphin Browser. Like it a lot more than Sandpaper (Silk).
iReaderReview is offline   Reply With Quote