Notices

Old 06-09-2012, 01:08 PM   #1
Ibn
Ibn began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Exclamation PROBLEM VALIDATION APPLE IBOOKSTORE

Hi everybody,
Please i really need your help,
I have created an epub with sigil and the book works great in my Ipad. Sigil validates the book (no errors) but when i submit it to the Applestore the validation process founds some errors in the book :

ERROR ITMS-9000: "OEBPS/Text/Section0001.xhtml(6): element "head" incomplete; missing required element "title". This error occurs 6 times." at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)
ERROR ITMS-9000: "OEBPS/Text/Section0003.xhtml(16): element "blockquote" incomplete; expected element "address", "blockquote", "del", "div", "dl", "h1", "h2", "h3", "h4", "h5", "h6", "hr", "ins", "noscript", "ns:svg", "ol", "p", "pre", "script", "table" or "ul" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"). This error occurs 2 times." at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)

Itunesproducer (the apple tool to submit ebooks) proposes to repair the e-pub i submit but i don't know if it repairs it correctly. I prefer to do it myself.
Thank you very much for your help,
Ibn
Ibn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
The first one is simple. You miss the <title></title> in your files. It does not do anything, but it must be there.
The second can be various. I think you are misusing the blockquote. If you can post the lines 13 to 19 we should be able to tell you more.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
Ibn
Ibn began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Thank you very much Toxaris, i managed to solve the first title error with your help.
For the blockquote error you'll find below the lines of the section0003 in my epub. I replace the copyrighted text by "TEXT" or TEXT :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="no"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<link href="../Styles/stylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<title>Epigraphes</title>
<style type="text/css">
/*<![CDATA[*/

@page { margin-bottom: 5.000000pt; margin-top: 5.000000pt; }
/*]]>*/
</style>
</head>

<body class="calibre">
<p class="sgc">« TEXT »</p>

<p class="sgc">TEXT</p>

<blockquote class="sgc1">
<p class="sgc2"><br class="calibre2" /></p>
</blockquote>

<blockquote class="sgc1"></blockquote>

<div class="calibre4">
<span class="calibre5">« TEXT »<br class="calibre2" /></span>
</div>

<div class="calibre6">
<span class="calibre5">TEXT</span>
</div>
</blockquote>
</body>
</html>

Many thanks,
Ibn
Ibn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
If I remember correctly, a blockquotes is not allowed to contain <p></p> tags.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 04:48 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
If I remember correctly, a blockquotes is not allowed to contain <p></p> tags.
Actually, for XHTML, the contents of blockquotes are supposed to be wrapped in other block elements (p, div, h, ul, ol, dl, etc..), but I have no idea about the ePub or iBooks specifications.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2012, 04:56 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Code:
<div class="calibre6">
</div>
</blockquote>
The problem is the div. It should be...

Code:
<p class="calibre6"><span class="calibre5">TEXT</span></p>
</blockquote>
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:05 PM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Is that an iBooks thing Jon? I only ask because:
Code:
<div class="calibre6">
</div>
</blockquote>
doesn't break any XHTML rules as I understand them.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:08 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The div is the only thing I can see that could maybe cause a problem. Besides, can't hurt to try converting it into a p and see if it fixes things.

Well, maybe the BR is an issue. Dunno for sure.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:12 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Besides, can't hurt to try converting it into a p and see if it fixes things.
Oh, I agree. I just thought maybe you knew something specific about that being an iBooks quirk.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:13 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Oh, I agree. I just thought maybe you knew something specific about that being an iBooks quirk.
If I had the actual ePub, I could try it with iBooks and see what happens.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:30 PM   #11
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibn View Post
ERROR ITMS-9000: "OEBPS/Text/Section0003.xhtml(16): element "blockquote" incomplete; expected element "address", "blockquote", "del", "div", "dl", "h1", "h2", "h3", "h4", "h5", "h6", "hr", "ins", "noscript", "ns:svg", "ol", "p", "pre", "script", "table" or "ul" (with xmlns:ns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"). This error occurs 2 times." at Book (MZItmspBookPackage)
I got the same message with epubcheck, it refers to the two empty blockquote statements.

Code:
If you fill in some contents such as "<p>&nbsp;</p>", the message is gone.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 05:51 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Well that was easy enough. Really no sense in having empty blockquotes anyway.