Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-12-2019, 03:15 PM   #1
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Question How do I modify this existing custom column?

Having spent a couple of hours viewing recipes and searching posts dating back to 2010, I remain clueless.

I am trying to figure out how to change my "Read" column from displaying "Read" (100%) to simply the date the book has been completed/read. Originally created years ago for Kobo readers, I haven't a clue how I did it. Most likely it was a posted recipe I followed. On the custom metadata tab of a book I have been manually entering "100" on the "Percent Read" field to accomplish the task. I have no need to fetch annotations, bookmarks, etc.

Attached is a screenshot of the existing column. Any guidance most appreciated.

Thank you!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	scr.png
Views:	97
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	175550  

Last edited by Skydog; 12-12-2019 at 03:17 PM.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:39 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Where would the Date come from: manual keyboard input, from your Kobo, or . . . ?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 03:56 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
#1 You can't change a column type... So Migrate it
If you care about the lookup name, then step 1 is to rename the existing.
Just change the names MyTemp, #mytemp. Save. (this will make the Last_modified column update to Now.) now create your new Read, #read (Date Type).

In Kobo Utilities CONFIGURE, adjust the setting % is now blank, Last Read is #read

Then we need to Migrate the existing (%read column) to a date in #read

We will select the books (search for those that need updating )
In my TEST I used the Last Modified (if year was 19) as MY trigger USE YOUR 100% column and value
In the Replace field: yours will be #read ,
and you will put a valid date (your choice: eg 01 Jan 2019 as a flag that it was migrated and you do not know the actual date?) into the replace with

That help?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SetRead.JPG
Views:	71
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	175552  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 04:01 PM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Where would the Date come from: manual keyboard input, from your Kobo, or . . . ?

BR

My apologies.... a keyboard input is sufficient, as I am now doing with the "percentage read" field. My current ereader use is with Kindles.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:09 PM   #5
Skydog
Wizard

@theducks:

Many thanks for your reply and helpful info. I should have provided more details -- I do not want or need a function specific to Kobo, which I am really no longer using. I merely would like to have a completion date appear in my "Read" column, as opposed the "Read" as I now have. I have been manually entering "100" in the Percent Read field of the custom metadata field only because it was already there and simple to do. Clearly, I am short on knowledge.
Old 12-12-2019, 04:43 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If You make a new #read ( or as I have: #finished) of date type.
a simple F2 puts todays date there if blank (or if you then hit = it replaces whatever with today)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 04:46 PM   #7
Skydog
Wizard

Thank you, theducks - it seems a new column is the only solution. Thanks also for the keystroke tips.
Old 12-12-2019, 05:15 PM   #8
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If You make a new #read ( or as I have: #finished) of date type.
a simple F2 puts todays date there if blank (or if you then hit = it replaces whatever with today)

. . . and if you hit - (minus) in a date it will clear it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 05:59 PM   #9
Skydog
Wizard

Thank you!