Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-31-2018, 09:48 AM   #16
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
The current History structure should get built/rebuilt as you use the device. Not sure how migration might be working, for the changes made to how History data is maintained.

KOReader's Stardict dictionaries are not the same as those for the Kobo software. If you check in "Dictionary settings >" you will find a number of options including a "Installed dictionaries", that will show the dictionaries detected (in the proper folder) and those installed and usable.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 03:03 PM   #17
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
History migration is heavily specified, so I'm fairly certain it couldn't have been broken by accident.

I'm not sure what could've happened there. But is this merging referring to something Windows does? KOReader can't read a history file that isn't there, of course.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 04:27 PM   #18
doron
Connoisseur
doron began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
History migration is heavily specified, so I'm fairly certain it couldn't have been broken by accident.

I'm not sure what could've happened there. But is this merging referring to something Windows does? KOReader can't read a history file that isn't there, of course.
The history folder is there, intact,I simply wonder whether I can make a history.lua file out of it.
doron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 04:32 PM   #19
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes it is part of the Windows Explorer options to handle same name conflicts, when copying over a folder of the same name. "Why not just click the Do for All box? You only have to click it once for the Folder exists/Merge? prompt and once for File Exists/Action?. You’d click the Do All box on each. Windows will handle it from there, merging the folders. (Replacing any existing files with the new ones and adding any new files, not already there.) For the history folder it can't find one in the temporary folder windows builds, for the decompressed download files, don't know why. So it pops up a warning offering options, I use the skip option. The same happens for the screenshots folder. This has always worked leaving History and Screenshots as they were before the update. Folders like the settings.reader.lua and log files are also unaffected.

From the OP's reply I don't think that was the process that was used.

Luck;
Ken
Old 04-01-2018, 10:23 AM   #20
doron
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Yes it is part of the Windows Explorer options to handle same name conflicts, when copying over a folder of the same name. "Why not just click the Do for All box? You only have to click it once for the Folder exists/Merge? prompt and once for File Exists/Action?. You’d click the Do All box on each. Windows will handle it from there, merging the folders. (Replacing any existing files with the new ones and adding any new files, not already there.) For the history folder it can't find one in the temporary folder windows builds, for the decompressed download files, don't know why. So it pops up a warning offering options, I use the skip option. The same happens for the screenshots folder. This has always worked leaving History and Screenshots as they were before the update. Folders like the settings.reader.lua and log files are also unaffected.

From the OP's reply I don't think that was the process that was used.

Luck;
Ken
I don't understand. The update has been done in the Kobo itself, Now it has a full history folder and an empty history.lua file. I look for a way to create a correct history.lua file out of the history folder. Windows is not a part of it as far as I understand.
Old 04-02-2018, 12:24 AM   #21
Ken Maltby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by doron View Post
I don't understand. The update has been done in the Kobo itself, Now it has a full history folder and an empty history.lua file. I look for a way to create a correct history.lua file out of the history folder. Windows is not a part of it as far as I understand.
I was responding to Frenzie's question.
Old 04-02-2018, 08:54 AM   #22
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doron View Post
If you have legacy history files they should be automatically migrated.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:52 AM   #23
doron
Connoisseur

Quote:
If you have legacy history files they should be automatically migrated.
Somehow it didn't happened. Maybe I've pressed something without noticing it.
So now this can be done, if at all, only manually.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:50 PM   #24
Frenzie
Wizard

You just need to put a copy of the history files wherever it is they go/went. I believe that would be /history in the koreader root dir.
Old 04-03-2018, 04:33 PM   #25
doron
Connoisseur

Quote:
You just need to put a copy of the history files wherever it is they go/went. I believe that would be /history in the koreader root dir.
The files were in one history folder in the Kobo. Once I've moved them to the other history folder the problem was solved. Thanks!