Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 05:04 AM   #1
Pumpa
Enthusiast
Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Sony PRS-500
Calibrating touch screen

hello,

Do you know anyone how to calibrate touch screen on Kindle Touch ? I have one with shifted about 2cm to right, so if i want to touch to button i must touch to 2cm left from button. I did not found in diags. Maybe there is some app can be run from ssh. Thank you.
Pumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:10 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpa View Post
hello,

Do you know anyone how to calibrate touch screen on Kindle Touch ? I have one with shifted about 2cm to right, so if i want to touch to button i must touch to 2cm left from button. I did not found in diags. Maybe there is some app can be run from ssh. Thank you.
The touchscreen is infrared, from a ring of LEDs and photodiodes behind the black bezel edge next to the eink screen. It may be sensitive to dust or lint blocking part of the light path at the bezel, causing a false touch. The kindle framework returns the midpoint between two touch positions, so a false touch 4 cm away from your finger could look like a 2 cm shift of position. Try cleaning the black bezel edge.

Also, if you have a second finger near the screen, it can cause a second touch that moves the reported position to midway between your two fingers. Be sure to keep other fingers well away from the screen.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-06-2012 at 05:18 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
I may be wrong, but since recognizing touches on the K5 is done using IR, I don't think there's anything to calibrate. Just call Kindle CS and they'll most probably send you a replacement.

Last edited by ixtab; 08-06-2012 at 05:21 AM.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
Pumpa
Enthusiast
Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Pumpa can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Sony PRS-500
Cleaning not help. Probably HW failure
Pumpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Contact Kindle Customer Service. All Kindle Touches are still under warranty, and this is undoubtedly a warranty repair.

I assume you've tried rebooting the Kindle?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert