Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 02-08-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
RapidReader for PalmOS, Windows, Mac and Symbian

How would you like to do speed reading on your Palm device? One software product claims to do that for you. It's called RapidReader and it is also available on Windows, Mac and Symbian.

RapidReader is "a new kind of computer assisted option that's available whenever you want to save time. In essence, anything you can read on screen, you can read faster with RapidReader." It makes a movie out of the text, and shows it to you at variable speeds mimicking speech patterns. You can read PDFs, Outlook e-mail, MS Word docs, web pages and txt files (some formats require the PRO version).

I don't personally find scrolling e-book reader software to be helpful, so I'm a bit skeptical, but if you really want to read e-books faster, you might want to give it a try. Or... you could just buy an e-ink device with a larger and nicer screen!

Via Palm Addicts.
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:15 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
I tried a similar rapid reading system before, and having used it for a mere five minutes I thought it would give me a seizure. Definitely not my thing.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert