Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-26-2018, 08:00 PM   #61
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
i never saw the Oasis 1 on display, maybe because the device was removable from the cover, they couldn't secure them properly. I was glad that they did have the Oasis 2 on display at Best Buy, but so far not a gold one. I'm sure at some point they will.
They do have the grey one on display at my store
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 08:03 PM   #62
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here is the gold color next to hunter green case
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0035.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	164681  

Last edited by HLS; 06-26-2018 at 08:29 PM.
Advert
Old 06-27-2018, 12:09 PM   #63
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dublincheri View Post
No Best Buy in Ireland, this one was in New Hampshire!
Well that's a lot closer No fair you have no sales tax & a gold oasis on display !
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 12:16 PM   #64
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
Here is the gold color next to hunter green case
I like it ! Not a hint of pumpkin either ! I think the green cover goes well with the gold too.
Old 06-28-2018, 07:52 AM   #65
dublincheri
Zealot
dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dublincheri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, new Basic 2022
Quote:
Well that's a lot closer No fair you have no sales tax & a gold oasis on display !
I’m still trying to justify buying it and failing. Even without the sales tax!
dublincheri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2018, 12:58 PM   #66
Wearever
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublincheri View Post
I’m still trying to justify buying it and failing. Even without the sales tax!
Lol ! You have amazing will power ! I'm keeping mine too, it works well. I think the battery will have the same life span in gold, unfortunately. Now if they add a larger battery in the next revision, then it would be worth it's weight in gold
Old 07-02-2018, 11:13 PM   #67
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Now if they add a larger battery in the next revision, then it would be worth it's weight in gold
Really? That better be a solid gold case with gem stone inserts as buttons to justify a close to USD 7800 Oasis.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:35 PM   #68
Wearever
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
Really? That better be a solid gold case with gem stone inserts as buttons to justify a close to USD 7800 Oasis.

Lol ! Well of course, the Champagne Gold & Gems Oasis with larger battery.
(Heirloom Edition ) They could be handed down for generations.

Last edited by Wearever; 07-05-2018 at 02:38 PM.
Old 07-06-2018, 08:11 AM   #69
glossywhite
glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!glossywhite rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Kindle
Gaudy. Who cares.
glossywhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2018, 09:29 AM   #70
Wearever
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by glossywhite View Post
Gaudy. Who cares.
We were just kidding. There will never be a solid gold & gems Oasis. No matter how much someone would want one. Besides it's out of my price range.
Old 07-08-2018, 12:06 AM   #71
HLS
Wizard

You know I think my new gold oasis has a worse battery live than the old one
Old 07-09-2018, 12:15 PM   #72
Wearever
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcladyz View Post
You know I think my new gold oasis has a worse battery live than the old one
Are you thinking of returning it ? Or going to wait and see how it does before the return window closes ?
Old 07-10-2018, 11:26 AM   #73
beninma
Enthusiast
beninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animalsbeninma is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Various Kindles, iPad
I love my Oasis 7" (graphite).

The review in the original post is obnoxious IMO... why do they always have to question anyone buying anything but the absolute cheapest eInk reader but it's totally normal and cool to spend $1000 on a new phone and get a new one every year or even faster?

I regret the money I spent on my iPad way way more than the money I spent on the Oasis, and the iPad was at least 2X as expensive. The Oasis gets used every day, the iPad sometimes goes > 7 days without getting touched.

The only thing is I wish amazon would push a software update that kept it from turning a page when you close the cover before it goes to sleep.
beninma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 07:28 PM   #74
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by beninma View Post
The only thing is I wish amazon would push a software update that kept it from turning a page when you close the cover before it goes to sleep.
I do not have that issue. Your cover may not have enough cutout to avoid accidentally pushing a button before the magnet activates sleep. I am using the discontinued original Amazon cover in charcoal fabric.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 11:14 PM   #75
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
I do not have that problem either with the original Amazon leather cover and a third-party one. Sounds like your cover is the problem.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote