Notices

Old 05-11-2018, 03:54 PM   #46
patdavid
patdavid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottdmk View Post
Hey Pat,

I'm one of the maintainers of ADE 2.0.1 on the AppDB. Thanks for this; your test results are queued right now and I'm looking into how to get them as the current results. (Right now, the current results are my results on FreeBSD 11 from a year ago.)

I'm very interested in trying your .NET solution on FreeBSD, as it's currently borked in wine on that platform.
Awesome! I hope this might yield some good results for you then!

It seems that there's two main places where things trip up:

1. windowscodecs.dll and windowscodecsext.dll are not getting moved to the correct location during install of windowscodecs with winetricks.
2. Installing dotnet3.5SP1 with winetricks should probably link to the full installer executable, and someone block access to the network during the install (I think?).

Hope this can be helpful in some way! (I'm currently writing this up on my website also for posterity.)
patdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:45 AM   #47
haertig
Addict
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Fire Gen7, PaperWhite3, iPhone 5S
Thanks for these updated suggestions. I had given up on ADE 2 under wine on LinuxMint. I'll give it another shot.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-18-2018, 11:26 AM   #48
patdavid
patdavid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
Thanks for these updated suggestions. I had given up on ADE 2 under wine on LinuxMint. I'll give it another shot.
I finally got around to writing up my steps on my site, if it helps:

https://patdavid.net/2018/05/install...nux-with-wine/
patdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #49
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
I just got a new laptop and installed kubuntu 18.04 after using Slackware for years.

I successfully installed ADE 2.0.1 using the Wiki instructions with wine 3.0 from the Ubuntu repository and winetricks 20180603-next. I was able to authorize to my Adobe ID and download a book from Overdrive.

The only note I'll make is that I first tried installing it into a Win64 bottle, which failed. Switching to a Win32 bottle (as in the instructions) worked fine.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote