Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers

Notices

Old 01-05-2016, 06:59 PM   #1
Kunvp
Enthusiast
Kunvp began at the beginning.

Device: Promedia e-reader (Onyx C67ML) - Aldi2016 / Former: Sony PRS-T1&T2
Tolino E-book readers

For a while i have been wondering, why are there no threads on the TOLINO e-readers?

I got my wife a TOLINO Vision 2. The reader came out the box, set up time is 2 minutes ever since my wife is reading.
I love the device and regretted that i own an Energy pro+

Strong, beautiful design, Pages turning upon tapping the back of the device, ...
Waterproof!

One reason could be that the device is developed for the German marked, but I bought ours in The Netherllands (libris.nl).

Website
Kunvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 07:03 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The problem is that it's not available is most countries and thus, no talk about it. It's not available in the UK & US where most of the forum users are from/

How do you turn the page by tapping the back?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2016, 07:37 PM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunvp View Post
For a while i have been wondering, why are there no threads on the TOLINO e-readers?

I got my wife a TOLINO Vision 2. The reader came out the box, set up time is 2 minutes ever since my wife is reading.
I love the device and regretted that i own an Energy pro+

Website
We do have a wiki page on TOLINO with a comparison of several of the their products. See Tolino Shine
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
Kunvp
Enthusiast

Tapping to turn pages (Tolino Vision 2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How do you turn the page by tapping the back?
Tapping the back, using the index finger* allows you to read single handed. At first I didn't think I'll ever use this way, but actually I use it all the time.

One reason, and that is one of the few minor critics on the device, is that the Home button situated on the front, centered under the screen is a bit sensitive;

(*)any other fingerl wil do :-)
Old 01-09-2016, 02:02 PM   #5
Kunvp
Enthusiast

Tolino has launched 2 new models

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
We do have a wiki page on TOLINO with a comparison of several of the their products. See Tolino Shine
Thanks!
Tolino has launched 2 new models: Shine 2HD and Vision 3HD

I am planning to buy the Vision 3HD.

I loved my Sony PRS-T1 and T2. Got frustrated by the poorly build Energy sistem PRO. The Tolino Vision 3HD lacks some feature I loved in the Sony (Evernote integration, PDF reading was better) but the Tolino has frontlight AND is waterprotected.
Advert
Old 02-15-2016, 03:39 AM   #6
Irian
Enthusiast
Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Irian has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-600, PRS-650, Tolino Vision 3 HD, Kobo Libra H20
I like the Tolino hardware (good to use, good readability, etc.), but the software is quite minimalistic. For example, there is currently no way to somehow manage collections from your computer via Calibre, because the collections are stored in a inaccessible place, so you can only manage collections on the Tolino itself (which is quite a chore). Without manual work here you only have a long list of books.

The hardware is quite nice, don't use the tapping-on-the-back feature much, because I have a cover around it and quite big hands, so I can hold it and press the right part of the screen with the same hand ;-) Never used the waterproof feature, but it's nice to have it, so I could even read in the rain... The light is good, I always use it at the lowest level in the darkness (and even that is more than I need).

Personally, I don't use the online stores on my device, so the space they take up on the front page is quite wasted (and unfortunately, you cannot disable them completely), but that's not really a problem.
Irian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 08:34 AM   #7
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunvp View Post
Tolino Vision 3HD lacks some feature I loved in the Sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irian View Post
but the software is quite minimalistic
Why don't root it? Then you could install everything you would like to on Android 4.0.4!
Instruction is available here. It is in German, but very straight-forward. Otherwise just use Google Translate to understand steps.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 04:45 AM   #8
Kunvp
Enthusiast

Thank you Mergen. Looks a bit advanced, but I'll have a look at it.
Old 07-12-2016, 10:37 AM   #9
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo H2O, Boox Poke 2
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Why don't root it? Then you could install everything you would like to on Android 4.0.4!
Instruction is available here. It is in German, but very straight-forward. Otherwise just use Google Translate to understand steps.
It seems this root method does not work properly unless you set and persist in German as the language setting. The alternative launcher it installs crashes otherwise.
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 04:59 PM   #10
aklenatlus
Enthusiast
aklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by church mouse View Post
It seems this root method does not work properly unless you set and persist in German as the language setting. The alternative launcher it installs crashes otherwise.
Do you know if installing another launcher solve the problem?
aklenatlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 01:46 AM   #11
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklenatlus View Post
Do you know if installing another launcher solve the problem?
I couldn't get around the issue. I couldn't find anything online from anyone who has succeeded either, but that doesn't mean it is not possible. I am just not skilled enough to work out what is in the original hack which links it to German.
Old 09-08-2016, 01:02 PM   #12
aklenatlus
Enthusiast
aklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoveraklenatlus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
I couldn't get around the issue. I couldn't find anything online from anyone who has succeeded either, but that doesn't mean it is not possible. I am just not skilled enough to work out what is in the original hack which links it to German.
Thanks for the reply. The problem is that to communicate with the only tolino community you have to know the german language. Nevertheless I rooted my tolino because I find that the koreader integrated-dictionary works better than the default one (faster and immediate)
Old 09-08-2016, 02:20 PM   #13
church mouse
Evangelist

Yes, I guess it is the price I pay for buying an ereader not officially supported in the UK, and my German being pretty awful.

Mind you, I do like my Tolino, save for a curious habit it has of not fully deleting book metadata when deleting using Calibre.

Last edited by church mouse; 09-08-2016 at 04:00 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Old 09-09-2016, 11:55 AM   #14
aklenatlus
Enthusiast

Quote:
Yes, I guess it is the price I pay for buying an ereader not officially supported in the UK, and my German being pretty awful.

Mind you, I do like my Tolino, save for a curious habit it has of not fully deleting book metadata when deleting using Calibre.
I like it too so much, especially because this ereader doesn't present the annoying yellow tint problem which has affected 3 different kindle voyage during my experience
Old 09-09-2016, 05:35 PM   #15
church mouse
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklenatlus View Post
I like it too so much, especially because this ereader doesn't present the annoying yellow tint problem which has affected 3 different kindle voyage during my experience
I like it even more having discovered today the postings on lesen.net explaining how one can now populate Collections on the Tolino from Calibre metadata. (Even my rubbish German was able to work out the procedure - eventually!)

Tags
tolino