Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-14-2021, 02:34 AM   #1
rebpdx
rebpdx began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Options for getting more Reading Stats

I'd like some more reading statistics specifically around habit tracking. Eventually, I'd push these up to a server like MQTT, or SQL over WiFi. For now, I'm trying to figure out if it's even possible to collect some or all of the data required for this.
  1. What days have I read
  2. Time spent reading for a given date
  3. Number of books finished each Week/Month

I've reached a bit of a dead-end on two ideas I had, anyone have any thoughts or maybe a really old post I haven't found yet?
  1. I looked into KFMon thinking I could register a file handler on *.epub and *.kepub but it looks like you have to use a specific file so that seems like a non-starter. Also not sure this would help me with file close, definitely not book finished.
  2. I did notice in this other forum post about turning on BookSpecificStats and there being some not so easy events to read but haven't found any posts related to the EventTypes eluded to in this Forum Post on Additional Reading Stats.
rebpdx is offline   Reply With Quote