Notices

Old 07-27-2018, 11:12 AM   #1
markvdvelde
Connoisseur
markvdvelde began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Articles in e-book are mostly "cookie warnings"

Hi,

For a long time I used Instapaper to get online articles onto my Kindle. Unfortunately, Instapaper isn't working anymore within the EU (at least for now), so instead I use a Calibre recipe to download my Safari reading list.

It works somehow, but instead of newspaper articles I often get the cookie warning. I accepted cookies in the browser, but obviously that is not enough. How can I get an ebook with articles rather than cookie warnings? Should I change some setting in Calibre?

(I also tried Pocket, but it cuts many articles in half so it's not really an alternative for Instapaper...)

Thanks! Mark
markvdvelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Are you talking about the instapaper calibre recipe? Or some other recipe?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 03:37 PM   #3
markvdvelde
Connoisseur

I was talking about the built-in “Safari Reading List” recipe.
Old 07-27-2018, 09:44 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

As far as I know there is no such builtin recipe. Are you sure that is the correct title?
Old 07-28-2018, 01:04 AM   #5
markvdvelde
Connoisseur

You're totally correct, I imported the recipe from here

Perhaps it's broken, although it seems to work except for the cookies warning
Old 07-28-2018, 01:08 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You should post an issue there so the author of the recipe can respond.