Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-09-2016, 06:29 PM   #1
evenstr
Enthusiast
evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Kobo Aura H2O Metadata issue

For nearly the past year I have been successfully using Calibre with my Kobo Aura H2O, and everything has worked as intended. A few weeks ago, suddenly all my collections were showing up on my Kobo as empty. The names were all there (and all had been previously synced from Calibre), but they all had 0 titles each. When my Kobo is plugged in and I view it on Calibre, I can see the books that are on it have no collection, and when I add new books, they show up as a size of 0.0 mb. I have already checked and I have Calibre set to make my tags sync as collections, and I have automatic metadata management on. I have also tried both factory resetting my Kobo and formatting the micro SD card in it, and the problem is still occurring. I'm honestly not sure if this is a Kobo thing or a Calibre thing. I haven't made any changes to my Calibre library or settings that would make syncing different from the way it's been...like I said, I've been syncing happily for nearly a year. Any ideas or solutions would be much appreciated. I'm basically at a loss.
evenstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 08:49 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
If the collections are not being populated and the options are all set correctly, then I need to see a debug log. Can you run calibre in debug mode and connect the device? Then post the log. You can do this by right-clicking on the preferences button and selecting "Restart in debug mode". Calibre will restart. Then connect the device, wait for the jobs to finish and then close calibre. The debug log will be displayed. Post the full contents and I should be able to see what is going wrong.

For the file size after sending the book, that's expected. The sizes come from the database on the device. A new book doesn't get into the database until you disconnect and the device processes it. Hence, the size isn't available in the same way as for books already on the device. I have just looked at it an indicator that the book hasn't been processed into te database. But, it's been a while since I looked at this, so I'll have a look when I get a chance.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 03:36 PM   #3
evenstr
Enthusiast
evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.evenstr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for responding! Here's the debug log. Thank you for helping.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Calibre debug dec 10 2016.txt (19.4 KB, 225 views)
Old 12-10-2016, 07:06 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstr View Post
Thanks for responding! Here's the debug log. Thank you for helping.
The problem is the configuration. You haven't set any collections columns. The following line in the log shows this:
Quote:
DEBUG: 0.0 KoboTouch:books - driver options= Driver:KoboTouchExtended, Options - format_map: [u'kepub', u'epub', u'cbr', u'cbz', u'pdf', u'txt'], use_subdirs: True, read_metadata: True, use_author_sort: False, save_template: {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}, extra_customization: [], manage_collections: True, collections_columns: , create_collections: True, delete_empty_collections: False, ignore_collections_names: , upload_covers: False, keep_cover_aspect: False, upload_grayscale: False, show_archived_books: False, show_previews: False, show_recommendations: False, update_series: True, update_device_metadata: True, modify_css: False, support_newer_firmware: False, debugging_title: , driver_version: 2.8.2, extra_features: True, upload_encumbered: False, skip_failed: False, hyphenate: False, replace_lang: False, smarten_punctuation: False, clean_markup: False, full_page_numbers: False, disable_hyphenation: False, file_copy_dir:
This also shows that you are using the KoboTouchExtended driver. I'm guessing that the missing collections started when you installed this. You need to configure whichever of the Kobo drivers you are using. To make sure you get the right one, when the device is connected, right-click on the device button and select the option to configure the device. When you save the configuration changes, you will be prompted to restart calibre. After that, it should be OK.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:48 PM   #5
evenstr
Enthusiast

Thank you! That worked! I think some of my confusion may have been between the KoboTouch driver and the KoboTouchExtended driver. I had the settings right in one, but not the other. Still not sure why the problem started suddenly, but it's working perfectly now, so that's that. Thank you so much for your help!

Tags
collection, kobo aura h2o, metadata, sync, tag