Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-02-2013, 09:02 AM   #796
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@arad26: You didn't have the bridge installed, or you did a factory reset since you installed it.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 09:07 AM   #797
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@arad26: You didn't have the bridge installed, or you did a factory reset since you installed it.
How do i install the bridge? I didn't do any factory reset.
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #798
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@arad26: Unless your Kindle was jailbroken a good long while ago, the jailbreak does.

Barring that, on a jailbroken device: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=186645
Old 11-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #799
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post
How do i install the bridge? I didn't do any factory reset.
You will need to downgrade your firmware to 5.3.5, then follow all of the directions on the first post of the Jailbreak thread here...INCLUDING applying the bridge. Then you can 'upgrade' your firmware and the jailbreak will survive. You can then reapply the ScreenSaver hack.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #800
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
FWIW, I have also (once) experienced the jailbreak not being preserved by the bridge on a firmware update. I don't know what could be causing that.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #801
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
You will need to downgrade your firmware to 5.3.5, then follow all of the directions on the first post of the Jailbreak thread here...INCLUDING applying the bridge. Then you can 'upgrade' your firmware and the jailbreak will survive. You can then reapply the ScreenSaver hack.
I did that previously and the jailbreak didn't survive after upgrading to the new software.
Old 11-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #802
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@arad26: Define 'previously'.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #803
arad26
Zealot

Quote:
@arad26: Define 'previously'.
I installed the jailbreak which has the bridge in it by default (i just saw that) and i lost the jailbreak twice : once when i upgraded to 5.3.8 and 5.3.8.1 .
Old 11-02-2013, 04:22 PM   #804
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@arad26: Installed from which FW version? (ie. which jailbreak [the 'bundled' install might have been broken at one point]).
Old 11-02-2013, 04:25 PM   #805
arad26
Zealot

Quote:
@arad26: Installed from which FW version? (ie. which jailbreak [the 'bundled' install might have been broken at one point]).

the bundled jailbreak which has the bridge and the dev cert. included. Once i downgraded to 5.3.1 and install the jb and another time to 5.3.5
Old 11-02-2013, 04:34 PM   #806
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Hmm. That's ixtab's jb then, can't tell you much about it... Did you make sure it was completely successful?

So, err, just to try installing the bridge manually after the JB? (it can't hurt anyway).

EDIT: Never actually checked, but an unregister/register *might* also kill the bridge like it does the devcerts...

Last edited by NiLuJe; 11-02-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:26 PM   #807
arad26
Zealot

Quote:
Hmm. That's ixtab's jb then, can't tell you much about it... Did you make sure it was completely successful?

So, err, just to try installing the bridge manually after the JB? (it can't hurt anyway).

EDIT: Never actually checked, but an unregister/register *might* also kill the bridge like it does the devcerts...
It was successful for sure every time. I never unregistered the device.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:22 PM   #808
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@arad26
Have you tried applying any other hack (to prove if it is the jailbreak or the hack)? Perhaps a corrupt Jailbreak or Screensaver hack download?
You might try redownloading and applying ...
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 02:25 PM   #809
arad26
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
@arad26
Have you tried applying any other hack (to prove if it is the jailbreak or the hack)? Perhaps a corrupt Jailbreak or Screensaver hack download?
You might try redownloading and applying ...

I have tried that already, thought about it myself....and after several tries i realised the jailbreak is gone. Could not install anything and had to make all the steps to apply the jailbreak again. Hope there is a fix for that soon
Old 11-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #810
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by arad26 View Post
I have tried that already, thought about it myself....and after several tries i realised the jailbreak is gone. Could not install anything and had to make all the steps to apply the jailbreak again. Hope there is a fix for that soon
Why not keep your Kindle locked at a revision that does retain the jailbreak?

Don't expect any new jailbreak efforts any time soon on a device for which a jailbreak can be maintained by user action (I.E: Just don't load that newer firmware version).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch