Notices

Old 08-14-2018, 08:39 PM   #1
akailiajade
akailiajade began at the beginning.

Device: Acer Iconia One 8 Tablet
Question Exception Reporting

Good Evening All,

I'm a newbie, so I ask your patience.

I love Calibre. I run it on my laptop, my tablet & my cell phone. I consider my laptop "central command" so to speak.

I just noticed that I have a different number of books on my phone & tablet from what is on my laptop. Somehow, I've evidently created some duplicates on my phone & tablet, or else I've not deleted books from them that I have deleted from central command.

Is there a way when my device (either phone or tablet) is connected to central command to run an exception report that will show discrepancies? I'd like all my devices to show the same number of books.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

Karen
akailiajade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 08:54 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Not that I know of

If you switch to Device view, you might see books that do not have ticks (match the library), Just click the header 'in Library' to group them

In Library view, grouping 'on device' may show you some with '2-books'
You can select those: right-click:remove from device: (you will see the list of those matches), then you can remove ticks for those you wish to LEAVE
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:54 PM   #3
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I have to wonder what cellphone supports running calibre?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 03:45 PM   #4
akailiajade

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I have to wonder what cellphone supports running calibre?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
My apologies. I should have been more precise. I'm running Calibre Companion on my cell phone & my tablet & Calibre on my laptop. My cellphone is an oldie now. It's a Samsung Galaxy S3. I got Calibre Companion from the Google Play Store. I love that I can have my entire library of over 700 books with me wherever I go, but I do like to keep them all in sync.
Old 08-15-2018, 03:48 PM   #5
akailiajade

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Not that I know of

If you switch to Device view, you might see books that do not have ticks (match the library), Just click the header 'in Library' to group them

In Library view, grouping 'on device' may show you some with '2-books'
You can select those: right-click:remove from device: (you will see the list of those matches), then you can remove ticks for those you wish to LEAVE
I'm a bit tied up at the moment, but I'll print your suggestions out & try them later. Somehow I had the idea that there was some sort of job you could run that would show the differences/exceptions between Calibre on the different devices. I was almost sure I saw something like that, but maybe not. I'll try your suggestions later.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. Have a terrific day!!
Old 08-16-2018, 12:16 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by akailiajade View Post
I'm a bit tied up at the moment, but I'll print your suggestions out & try them later. Somehow I had the idea that there was some sort of job you could run that would show the differences/exceptions between Calibre on the different devices. I was almost sure I saw something like that, but maybe not. I'll try your suggestions later.

Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. Have a terrific day!!
Find Duplicates Plugin can look for DUPS in another Library.
You would need to invert the results . AND it needs to be run on the Library you wich to move/copy the results FROM.

But does your phone run Calibre?
A bunch of books on your phone does not a Calibre Library make it
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 07:44 PM   #7
akailiajade

Identifying Duplicates/Exceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Find Duplicates Plugin can look for DUPS in another Library.
You would need to invert the results . AND it needs to be run on the Library you wich to move/copy the results FROM.

But does your phone run Calibre?
A bunch of books on your phone does not a Calibre Library make it
I should have been more specific in my original post. I run Calibre on my laptop. I have Calibre Companion on my cell phone & my tablet.

I'm going to go find the plugin now & give it a try.

Really appreciate your help. Have a great evening!