blackcat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Fire HD, Ipad 4
Have just ordered my Kindle 2 from the US

can't wait for it to arrive!

blackcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #2
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Congrats! It's a very solid reader in features, support and available content.

You may notice several threads here showing "firmware" updates. I'd be interested to know which version is shipping. When it arrives, would you mind posting the version?

Firmware version is found at: start the Kindle (you'll arrive on the home screen with your list of books ... a new Kindle has a welcome message); press the right-hand side menu button; scroll down to settings and click. At the bottom of the page it lists the version: 2.5.3 (xxxxxxxxxx). The bold info is the version.

Enjoy your Kindle!
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 08:35 AM   #3
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Fire 2015, Kindle Paperwhite
Hi, mine arrived today and it's gorgeous !

My Firmware version is 2.3. Should I upgrade it ?
Wordcrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:50 AM   #4
blackcat
Connoisseur

Wordcrasher - when did you order yours, I expect delivery time will be similar to the UK as well
Old 06-29-2010, 10:20 AM   #5
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordcrasher View Post
My Firmware version is 2.3. Should I upgrade it ?
If you want collections you should. If you want PDF zoom and scrolling you should. Also I've read about 2.5 giving international users full internet access (provided it's an international Kindle) instead of just the Amazon store and Wikipedia (don't know if that applies everywhere or not).

Last edited by AnemicOak; 06-29-2010 at 10:37 AM.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2010, 10:35 AM   #6
Wordcrasher
Addict
Wordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheeseWordcrasher can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcat View Post
Wordcrasher - when did you order yours, I expect delivery time will be similar to the UK as well
I bought it on ebay on june 24th and it arrived today afternoon. Not bad!
Old 06-29-2010, 11:52 AM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, BlackCat. Happy Kindling. Best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 12:44 PM   #8
Wordcrasher
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
If you want collections you should. If you want PDF zoom and scrolling you should. Also I've read about 2.5 giving international users full internet access (provided it's an international Kindle) instead of just the Amazon store and Wikipedia (don't know if that applies everywhere or not).
That's interesting. Is upgrading manually safe or do I risk to brigk the K2 ?
Old 06-29-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
robb01
Connoisseur
robb01 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Congrats! You will love it
robb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:35 PM   #10
blackcat
Connoisseur

Thanks, now starts the hunt for a case and a skin !
Old 06-29-2010, 08:54 PM   #11
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wordcrasher View Post
I bought it on ebay on june 24th and it arrived today afternoon. Not bad!
Really. Any reason you didn't buy new one with warranty from Amazon? Did you receive the Kindle 2 international (with unlimited 3G) or the old US model?
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:51 AM   #12
Wordcrasher
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensualPoet View Post
Really. Any reason you didn't buy new one with warranty from Amazon? Did you receive the Kindle 2 international (with unlimited 3G) or the old US model?
It is a brand new K2 international (serial# B003). Firmware version is 2.3.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:19 PM   #13
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
I bought my partner a kindle Tuesday - it has just left New York bound for Australia. Should be here Monday. So now my kindle has a partner.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:13 AM   #14
Pushka
Wizard
Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pushka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, Ipad, Iphone, Nexus and PPW
Ah, if I lived in the US I could have picked one up from Woot for $150 today.
Pushka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 02:56 AM   #15
queequeg
queequeg began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650, Kindle 2
I got mine delivered this week too! I'm loving it so far... very, very glad I switched from the Kobo!
queequeg is offline   Reply With Quote